• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Buying Pods & Seeds

I'm in the process of creating a list of seeds to buy (with my friends) and I was checking the vendor vault. I noticed a lot of people buy seeds and pods as well. I was crious if whether these pods are meant for eating of getting seeds out of to germinate from.

I am assuming of course that most of these seeds are hybrids and a seeds from a whole batch would need to be proven first before they are sold as a true form. Is this always the case or growers do take care of the whole plant to ensure true growth without testing?

I do not specialize in seed sales but many times I use the seeds from pods I grow or buy from reputable sellers/growers. Most everyone grows OP unless otherwise stated. I feel perfectly fine taking a pod and using the seeds from it, my exception is anything commercial store bought.

Even with a whole plant unless it is isolated, a grower cannot be 100% sure the seed from pod x will grow a plant producing pod x.

I do not specialize in seed sales but many times I use the seeds from pods I grow or buy from reputable sellers/growers. Most everyone grows OP unless otherwise stated. I feel perfectly fine taking a pod and using the seeds from it, my exception is anything commercial store bought.

Even with a whole plant unless it is isolated, a grower cannot be 100% sure the seed from pod x will grow a plant producing pod x.

true words. "pure" are super rare....I haven't seen to many...... All peppers are some sort of hybrid, just matters how stable they are.

I see. So it is possible to get a plant to fruit a different pod regardless if the seed or pod is from (what is believed to be) a true form.

Haven't checked the price difference yet but I do want to hear recommendations if there are any. The seeds I will be buying will be flown thousands of miles so I wish to make my first order/grow a little more promising.

Back