• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

C. Chinese flowering

I would say 4 in a year would be perfect. On average 3 . But there are too many factors that can ruin that theory. When plants are stressed or insect infested they can pump out super fast little pods that will ripen in no time. My dorsett naga has had about 4 cycles in a year.

Jamie

Not quite sure what you mean about cycles. Pepper plants should produce consistently through the year except during the super hot and dry weeks of summer.

That depends on the variety, Zone you live in, plant-out. Jamie has the ideal situation.
A hab variety with many flowers per node will continue to pump out buds like a factory. Whereas Indian or Trinni superhots with only one flower per node can take longer as the ripening pods take longer to ripen. Where I live I have continual production since my plants are well established by plant-out.....My season starts at the end of May and finishes in early November

Greg

Thanks for the replies! By flower cycles I meant about how many times a yr do they flower on average?

That depends on the variety, Zone you live in, plant-out. Jamie has the ideal situation.
A hab variety with many flowers per node will continue to pump out buds like a factory. Whereas Indian or Trinni superhots with only one flower per node can take longer as the ripening pods take longer to ripen. Where I live I have continual production since my plants are well established by plant-out.....My season starts at the end of May and finishes in early November

Greg

Thanks for your response Greg! It appears that the Bhuts are in high gear bud/flower production. with many nodes and a lot buds! It seems as if pinching produces more nodes? More nodes equals more buds and so on and so forth. My Butcht and y 7 pod are 24-27" tall, so I think I will stop pinching them now

Wow, plants two feet tall! You've been working your magic again!

Back