CA Hot Sauce Expo

They'll survive!  Come to the show! :lol:

Promotions are starting in earnest for this show.  I'm working on the Pure Evil Challenge trophy.  Should be pretty kick-ass.  I stopped in at a local glass artist's studio in Winthrop to see if he/she would be interested in doing a commissioned piece for a spicy food challenge.  First thing I see inside the store is a whole rack of glass chile peppers!  Oh Yea!  I'm in the right spot.  Turns out he and his family a big chileheads including making their own chipotles.  He's definitley on board, working on the design right now.  It's got a couple of unique requirements for him to figure out.  Like how to make a spot for a bottle of Pure Evil to rest....

I'll post a picture when it's done. 

i'm looking forward to meeting you KD~!

I wonder if they will have any homemade Salsa competitions. They had one in Riverside last month for money and prizes but all the slots filled up before I could enter. If any of you hear of any judged Salsa events at this expo please let me know so I can sign up before it's too late. 

I'm pretty sure they will not have a homemade salsa competition.  There isn't even a sauce competition related to the CA even.  High River Sauces coordinates and sponsors the Screaming Mimi awards at the NY Expo in April. 

There will be several other competitions, including a Pure Evil Ramen challenge, a Margarita Mix-Down for pro bartenders, a carolina reaper eating contest....don't know what else. 

Back