dehydrators cabela's commercial dehydrator

anyone have any experience with them? i can get what seems to be a decent deal on the 160 liter unit but am hesitant to buy something other than LEM or excalibur.

i have the 160,i can dry half a bushell of peppers in 24 hours usually. i think its a nice set up it looks good and it has a awesome light,lol. i havent tried to dry anything but peppers .

I have an Excalibur... It dries super evenly and has no problems running for days straight making deer/elk jerky, then switching straight to fruits and veggies. Just rinse the trays in the sink and you're good to go! I love it, it changed our eating habits and storage so much that my mom paid for half of it. Can't beat their customer satisfaction either; a product that can last 30+ years pays for itself several times over. Thing's tough as nails too.

i got the 160- so far haven't used it for anything but catnip... worked well for that. seems like i got a great deal.

Great units although they don't have stainless steel shelves and if I'm going to buy a commercial unit it should be up to commercial standards

potawie, if you're talking about the exaclibur the manufacturer sells stainless shelves for it. they also have heavy duty commercial stainless line but they're waaaaay expensive.

I've been using the 160 liter model for the past 3 years. Great unit. The one thing that stands out that i like about this model is that i have never needed to "rotate" anything being dried. It dries everything quite evenly.
Thumbs up here.

potawie, if you're talking about the exaclibur the manufacturer sells stainless shelves for it. they also have heavy duty commercial stainless line but they're waaaaay expensive.

No, I'm talking about Cabela's large commercial dehydrator. My friend has one and its great but I have never seen an option for stainless steel.

oh, gotcha.

ronin - that's the main difference between the box and cylinder designs. it definitely made the choice easy for me... dehydrating is already a chore enough with cutting everything and getting the timing right. rotating trays and guesstimating is for the birds. i like everything to be the same quality

Try LEM stainless steel dehydrators, and they come with nickel shelves (which is foodsafe and nickel is in stainless steel) or you can buy SS.

Great units although they don't have stainless steel shelves and if I'm going to buy a commercial unit it should be up to commercial standards

if i had been buying it for retail price i would agree.

i got a great deal on craig's list from a guy who was making beef jerky for farmer's markets but got shut down by the usda. he had just purchased it himself to expand his business.

Try LEM stainless steel dehydrators, and they come with nickel shelves (which is foodsafe and nickel is in stainless steel) or you can buy SS.

i've got a smaller LEM and recommend them highly... just needed more volume for this year's anticipated huge harvest.

Back