• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Cactus..... Yep I'm going to talk about them again

Lots to talk about as I have lots of questions. First hard Cactus I'm tying and growing is Saguero. Rain storm made me have to repot it. So its now just lying on top of our rabbit cage with bare roots. So I'll leave it like that till i get some sand and gravel to add more to its soil mix. Yes they grow very very slow. I've seen some here at 12 years old standing 4 to 5 feet tall and mine at 3 years is about 4 inch tall.
IMG_0664.jpg

I've had the seedlings all die in the move. Plus the last saguero seeds I've planted did not come up. Was thinking that alittle Used Coffee grinds may help seeds or Cactus ???? I know that used coffee grinds get loaded with Bactiea, the plants I've dumped the coffee grinds have done a little better with fertilizer then plants with just Fertilizer.

Also I'm going to try Cardon Cactus seeds hopping to get some seedlings so need as much info as I can get. Apple Cactus seeds as well though I can find the Cactus here too with the help of a Thai friend as I've seen what I though was them here as well. Selenicereus grandiflorus (Queen of the Night) as well, another vineing cactus like dragon fruit only smaller.

I too have a Saguaro, they are indeed slow growers.
Regarding coffee grounds; I doubt very much that they'll help germination, no harm dumping your leftover grounds on established plants though.

PS - Selenicereus grandiflorus is a beautiful plant!

Castus are cool, the wife has quite a few, nothing special, just regular stuff. I usually find pieces broke off at the stores, so some of these i get to grow, but takes a while. This one is happening to be blooming like crazy right now, not sure what it is.

007.jpg

Back