• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

CahJohn & the '10'

well, I made a discovery last night. I cracked open my recently received bottle of Fatalli Fire, and found that I like it a lot more than the Puree. It is a lot thicker, the heat seemed to be similar, but I liked the flavour a lot more. I did a batch of nachos with Pace hot salsa, F. Fire, Talon, and Danny Cash's Radical Heat. It was one of my better batches for flavour, though not as hot as I usually make them. I should have tossed in some Viper to make them perfect...

I'll do a direct taste test between the Fire and the Puree to see if I can better define the difference.

Hot Canuck said:
I'll do a direct taste test between the Fire and the Puree to see if I can better define the difference.

I hate to answer myself, but what the heck...Taste test done on pizza...To me, no question, Fatalli Fire is WAY better than Fatalli Puree...similar heat, but major difference in flavour...

Also did some restocking today thanks to a trip to the St Lawrence Market - Psycho Bitch, CaJohns Z, Stoopid Salsa, Dave's Hurtin Jalapeno, Blair's Jalapeno, Smack My Ass & Call Me Sally ( yeah, clearly I was out of green sauces ), Vicious Viper, and Bone Suckin' dry rub...The fridge is looking much healthier...:cool:

Hot Canuck said:
The oness I have, in order of preference:

Liquid Stoopid
Black Mamba
Fatalli Puree
Vicious Viper
Z Nothing Beyond
Talon

After some lunch taste testing, revised list is as follows:

Liquid Stoopid
Z Nothing Beyond
Fatalli Fire
Viscious Viper
Talon
Black Mamba
Fatalli Puree

I guess I did not shake 'Z' well the first time I had it. Man, it is ****ing hot...definitely on the 10 scale for heat, and the flavour is good. It is now my favourite extreme sauce. If there is an extract taste, I could not detect it, and it did not even look like a typical extract sauce ( more red than brown ). It may move up higher on my top ten ( all sauces ), once I've had it a few times on both nachos and wings...

LUCKYDOG said:
Your absolutely right HC about the Fatelli -- I havent found really anything that it goes with I tend to mix it with the 10 and the last time was on stuffed cabbage and it worked out well with the tomatoes in it

1 of my favorite ways to use Fatelli Fire is to make homemade Blue cheese dressing and cutting it with the FF...

I use this dressing to accompany dry-rubbed wings...

enjoy....

walnut said:
1 of my favorite ways to use Fatelli Fire is to make homemade Blue cheese dressing and cutting it with the FF...

I use this dressing to accompany dry-rubbed wings...

enjoy....

I think Fatalli Fire could be used on a number of things. CaJohns other Fatalli though, the Puree, well, to me it has a really biting taste, that you just have to be in the mood for.

That sounds like a great suggestion though. I'll have to try that once the stupid snow melts and I can start BBQing again...

Back