• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Cajohn's 10...Underwhelmed

Not too long ago I got Cajohn's Fatalli fire and Talon. They both blew me away with heat. I heard 10 was supposed to be the hottest. I just got some, it is the original with the 10 on the label. I found it to be alot weaker then Fire and Talon. I wonder why?

On another note the guy I got it from charged $20. is that reasonable? I have seen it online for $8. I'm wondering if I should not give a gouger any more business.

I was looking for the 10 but i kept calling it 7 (thinking it was a 7 pod sauce) and the lady at the store had no idea what they did and didn't have anyway. But they did have fatalii fire and it's now one of my favorites. Have a bottle in my bag I carry to and from work :)

Ya, you got jipped dude. Also, it could have died down slightly in heat b/c it was old (long time vinegar exposure)....but I'm just grasping at straws now...

The 10 was the first sauce I bought from Cajohn's line of sauces. I, like you was disappointed with the heat... I haven't bought anything since. I might give one of the others a go if they are better. I spent $10 on my bottle. Bum deal man. Anyone else have the fatalli fire or talon? I am curious...

RazorBack said:
The 10 was the first sauce I bought from Cajohn's line of sauces. I, like you was disappointed with the heat... I haven't bought anything since. I might give one of the others a go if they are better. I spent $10 on my bottle. Bum deal man. Anyone else have the fatalli fire or talon? I am curious...

I've got all three you mentioned. I like the 10, but yeah, IMO Fatalli Fire and Talon are hotter. Especially Fatalli Fire.

I like 10, but IMO Scorch which is the original 10 is hotter. I'd ask the guy why he charged $20 when you have seen it for $8 and see what he says. If he is a a-hole about it then take your business elsewhere.

10 isn't hotter, it just tastes better...IMHO...

if you want hotter, try Z...Nothing Beyond.

and yes, way too much $$$.

I always felt No Naga Sauce 10 was hotter than Sauce 10. Same sauce but without the Jolokia. I talked to CaJohn about this. The sauce now has the label SCORCH! I believe my reviews are still on the old HSB site.

I agree that I think Fatalii Fire, Talon, and even the Orange Hab. Select are hotter than Sauce 10.

CaJohn's Lethal Ingestion is great stuff and that is just Red Savina and Fatalii I think. I have to try his Mongoose soon.

Sorry for dragging up an old post but I have the Fatalii Fire and it's pretty hot for a natural sauce, I'd say hotter than the Chileman's Snakebite PR, maybe I'm just used to that sauce though. It's lovely tasting, I just didn't expect the heat, I dunno if the black pepper enhances it a lot. I've yet to try the other one but I'm sure I will as they are just becoming available to buy off UK websites.

rainbowberry said:
Sorry for dragging up an old post but I have the Fatalii Fire and it's pretty hot for a natural sauce, I'd say hotter than the Chileman's Snakebite PR, maybe I'm just used to that sauce though. It's lovely tasting, I just didn't expect the heat, I dunno if the black pepper enhances it a lot. I've yet to try the other one but I'm sure I will as they are just becoming available to buy off UK websites.
That's Fatalii's for you. They are Habanero range heat level but something about the pepper burns people much more than Habs...it's strange.

I found it hotter than any of the Naga sauces I've had. You know the Cajohn's I mean anyway, the one with the black pepper in. I've had fresh Fatalii pods before, this stuff must be one of the hottest natural sauces out there.

rainbowberry said:
I found it hotter than any of the Naga sauces I've had. You know the Cajohn's I mean anyway, the one with the black pepper in. I've had fresh Fatalii pods before, this stuff must be one of the hottest natural sauces out there.

According to SHU levels, they aren't, that's the baffling part.

Oh, and you're refering to Ace (the one with the black pepper).

The Fatalii Fire is the one I've got, maybe my heat levels have dropped, I mean I have had to eat sweet peppers as I ran out of chillis :(

Is the 'Ace' sauce the Red Savina one?

I liked SCORCH better than 10 as well. I got Scorch and Fatalii fire at the same time and burned through all the Scorch first.

Fatalii Fire is a fine hot sauce, though. Seriously lights me up and I've grown fond of the flavor of fatalii peppers over time. At first it was a little weird.

I have two fatalii plants I put in late this year. I'm hoping I get some peppers before it gets cold!

Back