• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

CaJohns Fatalii Puree

I bought a bottle of this today after trying it at Pizazz in Rocky River(that's a suburb on the wes side of Cleveland). This is really good stuff!!! Starts out lemony (I think) a little citrus sweet then... look out... here it comes... here it is! huge heat. Although not as much as expected, but it's still up there. I tried about 10 different sauces there this morning and when I left (after about 45 min)I had a stomach ache. I reckon that's what you get for having 4 cups of coffee and 10 tablespoons of hot sauce for breakfast.
Highly recomended. I haven't decided what to put it on yet(besides a spoon).
This was at 9:45A.M.

I've got some Cajohns 10 sauce - it contains Orange Hab, Red Savina, Fatalii and Naga Jolokia - and it's hot and surprisingly tasty - highly recommended!

pao1x, I reckon the best place to put chile sauce is on your tongue :P!!!

I just opened my bottle of Fatalii Puree for the first time the other day. I just poured it on chips and finished half the bottle in one sitting. I like the tangy flavor. Before that though, I finished my CaJohn 10 sauce but I think I like the Talon a tad better.

I have yet to try any of CaJohn's Purees and come next pay period....I think I'll puchase some. Not for review, but for strick consumption....something I rearly do...but ya know what....I need a break. I need a sauce that I can just sit back with and enjoy, without the preasure to take notes and examine to the minutest detail....

Think I can do that with this sauce, guys?

chilliman64 said:
I've got some Cajohns 10 sauce - it contains Orange Hab, Red Savina, Fatalii and Naga Jolokia - and it's hot and surprisingly tasty - highly recommended!

pao1x, I reckon the best place to put chile sauce is on your tongue ;)!!!

I tasted that too. But at $12.00 a bottle I was going for the best bang for the buck.

imaguitargod said:
..I need a sauce that I can just sit back with and enjoy, without the preasure to take notes and examine to the minutest detail....

Think I can do that with this sauce, guys?

I reckon you are a creature of habit and won't be able to help yourself. you'll be tasting it and all the while thinking of descriptive terms and metaphors, comparing the heat and flavour levels, aroma, texture, colour, labellng, pourability etc

once a critic, always a critic!

I must admit that I like the fatalii powder that I have, though I've never tasted fresh or puree fataliis. can't wait to grow some later in the year.

Well put. I think I'm going to give it a whirl next season as well after a little more research. My growing season isn't that long.

chilliman64 said:
I reckon you are a creature of habit and won't be able to help yourself. you'll be tasting it and all the while thinking of descriptive terms and metaphors, comparing the heat and flavour levels, aroma, texture, colour, labellng, pourability etc

once a critic, always a critic!
It's true I tell ya! It's TRRRUUUUEEEE!!!

Back