• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Cajun Tilapia night!

Ok, I figured its about time I post some BBQ pics, BBQing is my second favorite pastime to drinking beer, wait....those two things go together. :P

Here is before it hits the grill.

100_1401.jpg

Here is on the grill, with an ice cold beer looking on....

100_1402.jpg

And here it is served with red potatoes grilled with zesty italian dressing and a red onion. Pretty good stuff!!

100_1404.jpg

Mmmmm.....tilapia....:drooling:
There's a ton of 'em in my co-worker's canal behind his house. You can almost catch 'em with a butterfly net.
I thinks i needs to go a-fishing over there soon.....

I like it because its nice and clean, fish taste without the fishy smell if you know what I mean. :)

Looks great!

Mmm, I have some of that in the freezer.

I just made a fun test batch of a seasoning with Lemon Pepper, Morich & Chipotle powder and Gel Seafood Seasoning. Hmm..I was gonna use it on some chicken, but may have to thaw that fishy out now. :D

Ah, I was wrong I have Mahi-Mahi, not tilapia....

Nice beer BTW too. ;)

-QS

Let me know how the Mahi Mahi is, I've been wanting to try it but we've been in a Tilapia rut as of late, I would like to know how it compares in taste. I can get it fresh from the store like the Tilapia. :)

Back