• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Calcium deficiency? Magnesium?

I have noticed some of the leaves on my plants are starting to yellow a bit and others are curling under.

The curling is more than likely due to the hardening them off. At least that is what I thought until I noticed it on plants that haven't been outside yet.

All of the plants are bottom watered once a week, sometimes two times and get fertilizer once ever two weeks.

Here are a few pics to help you guys help me out:

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

The first two are of plants that have never been outside. The pink stuff you see is the fert water.

What do you think?

I did notice a few aphids a few days ago, but they were mostly on the tomatoes. I already took care of that problem though.

I don't see what you are referring to in that pic.

crunch up some magnesium/calcium tablets and mix them into your watering solution, that may help. It has in the past for me.

Ratman apgids usuallly will go after the new tender growth and it looks like that on this pic
DSC_0753.jpg

i would also pinch those buds off theyre on such a small plant plus the aphids will hide under/sround the buds;)

Could also be spider mites from the looks of the pic above.
My plants started out looking very similar before they destroyed most of my plants.

I had a similar problem three years ago - yellowing on some leaves. I ground up some female multiple vitamins (men's don't have much if any iron) and dissolved them in water. It seems to help - I do it once or twice a grow cycle now (and also drop on in a 5-gallon bucket for my hydro plants).

Mike

Noshownate said:
Ratman apgids usuallly will go after the new tender growth and it looks like that on this pic

I gotcha now. The bugs are gone, I gave the plants a good spraying with neem oil.

I normally stay on top of pinching buds off, but I'm a bit behind.

Friday, I'll get some lime and mix in the soil. I started spraying with epsom salt water this morning. They also won't be getting any more fert until after they are in the ground.

Hey Noshownate,

Check the dollar stores for epsom salts. I've found a few around my area that has it for cheap. Just be sure that it's scentless and colorless.

No problem, nate noshow nate ;)

Although now that I notice where you're situated, I wouldn't think you'd have a problem finding bulk Epsom Salts. It's a favorite with elderly people and Florida is, after all, Gods waiting room...

Now i once had a mate that went by the name of Nate
At dinner time he would shiver
Thinking about the spiceless cupboard
Empty as it was like an arrow less quiver

There ya go Nate, should make sense seeing as though you are drunked! :rofl:

Back