• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calcium foliar feeds for varied growth stages?

Hello All,

My Hungarian Wax peppers have either a calcium def. or are locked-up. They also have aphids here and there which might contribute to some of my issues as well but I treat them often with a horticulture spray. The new growth has distorted leaves, even the smallest ones are coming in wavey. Only one plant has flowered (it produced a pepper that turned brown, about less than half an inch long). Also in the am, the leaves are all pointed straight up...even the ones at the bottom. It actually resembles the way milk weed grows.
So, what is a good foliar feed with mostly calcium? The rest of the plants are forming very small flowers that have not yet bloomed and some have no flowers at all.

I had the same thing on my jala's and some others. It is the aphids, they make the leaves all jacked up by chewing on them when they are very small.

NEEM! I tried, soapy water, pyrithrin, then finally neem.

The soapy water worked for that one bunch but withind days they were back and before the new leaves had even started.

Pyrithrin worked well, until it burnt my leaves and killed the new growth.

Neem once a week seems to be working, however I am working on a Biofilm, established by foliar feeding compost type teas and I think its going to work!

here is what Im trying, skip to 6:00 for the Biofilm part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BXGqJbFZzCo#!

Heating Up,

Thanks for the quick response... any idea why the pepper that was forming turned brown and, I guess, died?

Back