Cali guy - new grower - got sweets up to super hots going

Hey Guys,

Out here in the SF bay area, in a warmer valley area.

I decided to start my own raised bed / container gardening this year.  got everything going, but there is a learning curve and I may have went a bit overboard.  First time gardening heh

I have 3 4'x4' beds, two are 7" deep and the other is 14" deep.  I also have bunches of 5 gallon and 10 gallon containers.

I am growing tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, garlic, strawberries, artichokes and herbs.

The first peppers I planted were Cayenne, Habanero, and Green Jalapenos.  I put them in one of the 4' x 4'.  I think I may have been overwatering those ones, and spaced to close together.  However once I started watering 1 - 2 times a week they have started to fruit.

Anyways those ones I bought from the store as seedlings.  From seeds I am growing the following (and in the process of hardening off the seedlings under grow light/warming mats):

Carolina Reaper
Scorpion Moruga
Bhut Jolokia + the giant variety
Scotch Bonnet
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
Naga Viper
Black Pearl
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Chaguanas 7 Pot
Tazmanian Hab
White Hab

The list goes on with multiple varietiesJalapenos Habaneros and Sweet Peppers....Speaking of overboard? :)  I have had about a 90% germination rate from the seeds though, and will be moving them all after the hardening process into about 40 5 gallon/10 gallon containers.

Also have about 10 varieties of tomatoes.

its been quite the learning experience, but I was taking this year to learn, and prepping for next years growing season.  The idea behind this is expermintatino with different styles of hot sauces, salsas, pepper jellies and relishes.

Sorry for the long winded post,  Just an introduction to my sickness ;)

Mike

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL [SIZE=8pt]
880smile-1.png
[/SIZE]

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Southern California greetings, gritty ol' antelope valley. Whenever you start a glog or update with some pictures, would love to check out

Back