• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Can anyone confirm Ground Cherry?

I found a few of these growing in my backyard read they are good to eat but also part of the Nightshade family don't want to try them unless triple confirmed lol

Attachments

• 2021-07-09T18_52_09-04_00.JPEG
    2021-07-09T18_52_09-04_00.JPEG
    205.3 KB · Views: 145
Solution
it is a ground cherry.
i grow several every year and have so for many years. i grow aunt molly's variety and usually wait for the pod to fall off the plant.
earwigs seem to like eating the leaf and another beetle that i haven't identified likes mating on the leaves and i am guessing they too have a snack after the deed.
i have never had bugs bother the fruit, which has a caramel like taste.  the seeds are really tiny and generally take a good 3 weeks or more to germinate.

happy growing.
it is a ground cherry.
i grow several every year and have so for many years. i grow aunt molly's variety and usually wait for the pod to fall off the plant.
earwigs seem to like eating the leaf and another beetle that i haven't identified likes mating on the leaves and i am guessing they too have a snack after the deed.
i have never had bugs bother the fruit, which has a caramel like taste.  the seeds are really tiny and generally take a good 3 weeks or more to germinate.

happy growing.

Solution
Back