• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

can leaves be too big?

I've got a couple of plants that seem wilted but have a couple of leaves that are huge-ish compared to the rest of the leaves on the plants. What determines leaf size, would these few leaves cause wilting from needing more h2o, and should I clip them? No pics right now since it is too dark.

Are the bigger leaves in the shade? Like Mill said, my leaves that are partially shaded are massive compared to the ones in full sun, especially on the chinenses.

Did someone say big leaves?

1008559_609918775708519_421039880_o.jpg

my plant in the hydroponics had leaves like that, actually bigger lol, but it was just for a bit i topped the plant and all smaller leaves came in, could be signs of a health plant really, dont worry about it

yeah the plants I have growing in the shade have 3-5 times bigger leaves than the ones out in the sun, kind of makes me worry about putting the big leaves in the sun since they'd probably wilt or fall off with even an extra hour of sun

cactusMD said:
yeah the plants I have growing in the shade have 3-5 times bigger leaves than the ones out in the sun, kind of makes me worry about putting the big leaves in the sun since they'd probably wilt or fall off with even an extra hour of sun
ya or they could burn, they are probably so big because of the shade and they need more surface area to gather sun, you can slowly try it and it need be trim them off and new smaller leaves will grow

Is this a big leaf thread? Can I join?

Brain strain
20130628_195518.jpg

Butch T
20130628_195511.jpg

These two are in a decent amount of shade. The ones in mostly sunny areas of my yard have smaller leaves. 

i want to play, im gunna look for the pic of my plant with big leaves, was like this one but a little bigger lol.. but i cut them all off when they went outside lol

GA Growhead said:
I wanna play!
13713917805601.jpg

Back