• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

can some identify this pepper?

this pepper belong to a friend who thinks this is a jalapeno..
can some help him/me ?
IMG_0294.JPG

and this is the plant picture..
IMG_0273.JPG

thanks in advance :)

i have already ask him to taste it.. haha give a nice bite into it..

that pod shown above was the first pod for the plant. i can see the others are a bit longer.

my friend has tasted it.. he said it was not that hot.. hotter than bird's eye but feels its not that hot....haha...

thanks pauly7 :)

Well let's start with the fact it's a C. chinense and not C. annuum like your friend thought. it is a Habanero-type chile, but it would be practically impossible to identify it exactly without knowing its true origin.

Well let's start with the fact it's a C. chinense and not C. annuum like your friend thought. it is a Habanero-type chile, but it would be practically impossible to identify it exactly without knowing its true origin.
..hahaha i don't this its posible.. well at least he knows its a type of habanero.. :)

His aunt (a Nurse) found this pepper growing in the hospital grounds.. so they tried some and felt is was hotter then the typical bird's eye which they are accustom to. He got the seeds from her..
so to identify its true origin is difficult...

franz: most probably....

might be crossed red goronong???? I tasted powdered goronong before, it is just a little bit hotter then bird-eye chili but will not burned your tongue unlike habanero...

i grew a lots of habaneros origin from europe and america from white to brown but the color of unripe habaneros are not as dark as this... even planted under the sun or with shade, the unripe pods are lime green in color...

the deep green unripe pod color suggest that it might be local habanero-type same as local annuum, frutescen unripe pod or even chinescen... just my 2cent...

might be crossed red goronong???? I tasted powdered goronong before, it is just a little bit hotter then bird-eye chili but will not burned your tongue unlike habanero...

i grew a lots of habaneros origin from europe and america from white to brown but the color of unripe habaneros are not as dark as this... even planted under the sun or with shade, the unripe pods are lime green in color...

the deep green unripe pod color suggest that it might be local habanero-type same as local annuum, frutescen unripe pod or even chinescen... just my 2cent...
thanks for your feedback. yeah i got 3 versions of goronong from sarawak 2 weeks ago.even one was whithish in colour. From small ones to the habanero type one. powdered goronong ?do they sell that in sarawak ?

thanks for your feedback. yeah i got 3 versions of goronong from sarawak 2 weeks ago.even one was whithish in colour. From small ones to the habanero type one. powdered goronong ?do they sell that in sarawak ?

if they do i hope they sell fresh pods instead of powdered or dried :)

i saw those 3 versions that you got, from the look of it, it is way different from what i seen... goronong should be more deformed pod with lots of thin wrinkles like old people :lol: anyway that would be a nice varieties to the library :)

Back