• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Can somebody help identify this pepper

These should be mini bell yellow peppers, but I've never seen bell peppers grow upward like these do.
The pods look a bit like mini bell's though.
Does anybody have an idea what this plant would be? Or is it some kind hybrid between
a bell pepper and something else?
The flowers start  pointing downward, but as soon as the pods are becoming a bit larger they point upward
And no I'm not holding the plant upside down :rofl:

here are the pictures, any help is welcome

DSC_0540_zpsb155ed1b.jpg

DSC_0539_zps4f0194d9.jpg

DSC_0538_zps250b22b2.jpg

Allready thanks for looking!

Oli

ajijoe said:
looks like a mini sweet bell of some kind

just a guess

thanks your friend Joe

It definateley looks like them, but never saw them grow upwards. I'm very curious what they will be when ripe :) Will keep this topic updated soon!
Thanks for the reply Joe!!

Greetz,

Oli

DevilsEyes said:

It definateley looks like them, but never saw them grow upwards. I'm very curious what they will be when ripe :) Will keep this topic updated soon!
Thanks for the reply Joe!!

Greetz,

Oli
this also may be a hot species that im not aware of so they may not be a mini sweet bell, just a guess

lets wait and see also i see you are from Belgium, i love Belgian beer and Chimay grand reserve is at the top of my list!!
thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
this also may be a hot species that im not aware of so they may not be a mini sweet bell, just a guess

lets wait and see also i see you are from Belgium, i love Belgian beer and Chimay grand reserve is at the top of my list!!
thanks your friend Joe

We will see what those will become (maybe a bell pepper cross with a hot species, who knows..) Will keep it updated here
about coloration (they should be yellow mini bells) and taste (if they got a bit of a kick to them :)  ).

Chimay Grand Reserve RULES!! My 2 favourites are Grimbergen blond and Duvel, followed by Chimay!!
Nice to know there are some Belgian beer lovers here too!!

Greetz,

Oli

DevilsEyes said:

We will see what those will become (maybe a bell pepper cross with a hot species, who knows..) Will keep it updated here
about coloration (they should be yellow mini bells) and taste (if they got a bit of a kick to them :)  ).

Chimay Grand Reserve RULES!! My 2 favourites are Grimbergen blond and Duvel, followed by Chimay!!
Nice to know there are some Belgian beer lovers here too!!

Greetz,

Oli
im waiting to see what happen with these peppers now

yes chimay does rule!! i never heard of Grimbergen and have yet to try Duvall, i have had a Duval clone once, its made by Brewers art over here, its called OZZY and its quite good, its Named after OZZY Osbourne

yes i do love Belgian beer, i didnt care for Palm and Stella Artois they where to plain, i have also had another belgian clone called Merry Monks it was good

thanks stay in touch

your friend Joe

My bell pepper I grew this year had peppers growing at all angles, however as they grew in size they would eventually droop.... except for the first pepper :rolleyes: this one grew upside down from the 'V' in the central stem.

scotchnaga85 said:
My bell pepper I grew this year had peppers growing at all angles, however as they grew in size they would eventually droop.... except for the first pepper :rolleyes: this one grew upside down from the 'V' in the central stem.

Well, these are mini-bells and the pod-stems are really thick, so I guess they wont droop :) will post some more pics later today or tomorrow.

davidestesfl said:
I had a Mexi Bell pepper that grew like that. As the pepper grew heavier it would sag a little but it would never grow downwards.

Going to look the mexi bells up on the net when I have some spare time, will let u know if they are the same.
Offcourse I still need to wait till they are fully mature to be able to fully identify them (they should be yellow ones)
Thanks for the good tip!

ajijoe said:
he could be right Remy

He probably is :) Will keep this topic updated (pics will follow later today or tomorrow)

Thanks for your replies guys, appreciate it very much!

Greetz,

Olivier

If it's a Mexi Bell, it probably will get to the size of a golf ball or bigger and it will not be very hot. The one plant I had started producing in the spring and that was what the peppers looked like.
As summer kicked in here in Florida, the peppers we're noticeably smaller and hotter. The ones I would pick in August would have a Cayanne heat level. The plant barely survived the heat here so I never planted it agian.
I'm guessing in Belgium, it will grow more like mine did in the spring.

As a side note, I took some of the summer ones to a party one time and we cut them in half and used them in place of limes in Coronas. Everyone that tried it liked them because it added a hint of heat and a fruity taste.

Back