• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can someone help me please

This is all over all my pepper plants. It's the first time I've ever seen it. I've had my share of aphids and whiteflies but this is different.

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

Also here are some other pics of plants I have that aren't doing so well, any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I am so stumped.

DSC03463.jpg

Ghost

DSC03462.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

Big Birtha I think

DSC03472.jpg

another Big Birtha

Thanks again for any and all help. Wonder if I should just pull them up and start over or if they can be saved.

NMSU puts out a pretty good pdf... but my acrobat is all jacked. Goole search: powdery mildew peppers. It should be the second entry.

I have the same, problem in south florida .....looks like eggs to me .....I removed most off the leaves ......sprayed with bondie citrus and nut spray from l
Home depot.....looks better so far ..... but I still don't know what this is..... I only see ant activity.... will post the pics

Search for help on this forum from Trini.....you will see pics... posted on September 25th

I don't think its mildew because when I rub off the white stuff there are black dots underneath and my fingers feel moist once I clear off a leaf. It's on all of my leaves on all of my plants so most likely I'll have to pull them all up and start over .. but was hoping someone would know so I would know what to do if it came back again on my new plants. I've googled as much as I know and I've found nothing even close to it.

Thanks guys for the replies, everything helps. Getting excited to start the new crop but unsure if I should if I keep getting this and don't know what to do with it. The other pictures happens every time I have plants. Don't know if something is eating the new growth/leaves or if they are just falling off but if they are just falling off I'd see them on the ground. Someone suggested that it is squirls doing it.

Trini, I haven't been to HD yet to see if I could find that stuff but when I get there I'll take a look. I only have 2 pods out of all 8 plants so I may just wait on buying it in case I scrap the plants.

Doesn't look like any powdery mildew I've ever seen. I wouldn't toss the plants under any circumstances - if nothing else you have the perfect opportunity to find out how to kill this stuff. Though I would just go terminator mode and spray the plants down with a hose as much as possible, repot, spray with pyrethring-based insecticide and some antifungal stuff and repeat until I either kill the plants or kill the culprit. Of course, you could divide the affected plants into groups and try different things on different groups to try and identify what this actually is. ;)

Kill it! Kill it with chemicals!

Last night I sprayed all the leaves off with pressure sprayer and got all the white stuff off and only left a few black spots on some. Today I notice that the few black spots I had left on are starting to get white again. I took a magnifier to them and still can't make them out but if they are making their own white covering then I'm guessing that means they are alive. Guess I'll be taking a leaf to the County Extension when I go there next Sunday and just keep spraying them off when it gets bad till then.

Thanks guys. :)

I replied to an earlier post that i was told this was mealybugs. Sprayed with insecticidal soap and seems less but still need another spraying.

hope this helps others.

Back