• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

can someone id the for me please

i just picked these guys and am curious as to what they are.
HPIM4838.jpg

only one i cantell is the large orange one. Pretty sure they call it a scorpion.

red ones look like habs.. maybe..
but im still pretty new to all this.. looking for ids on some of mine as well. lol.

where are you all getting these unlabeled seeds/plants from?

If you grew these you should have some idea of what they are, if you didn't grow them where did you "find" them?

well i grew these but what i did was ordered a mystery seed pack of superhots from ajijoe.(a great member here and pleasent to deal with.)but all of the ones that i ordered from him that were labeled havent produced yet just all the ones that came in the mystery pack lol.

The Top middle ones look like they are Fatalli.

Top right look like a Red Hab as do the bottom row.

Middle left is a Scorpion of some kind.

Middle Red look very similar to a Naga Viper.

And the right ones could be one of a handful of peppers.

The other two I'm not gonna even offer a guess cause they are unfamiliar to me.

I double the vote on yellow ones at top as Tatalli

In fact, reading Dia Atton's post above, I agree on all.

My Naga Viper didn't come up yet, so I can't say on that one.

if you add that info to the op then all you mystery pack growera can work together to figure it out.
I agree. People asking for IDs, should at least give some background. It's not often chillies transport themselves to someones table as a complete suprise (though I wish that did happen!)

A bit of background info always helps, no matter how insignificant it seems.
Also a lot of dogs are mutts, likewise not every chilli is a purebred.

"what is this?" is next to useless info.
"I bought seeds from 'X' ", or "I planted seeds that were supposed to be 'Y' and this is what I got", or "I bought pods from W and this is what they are" (where people know what W normally sends), is useful info.
Not a rant, just saying people would get better information FASTER if they supplied the details, rather than having to wait longer for random guesses.
edit: Also if you put ajijoe mystery peppers in the title maybe not only everyone would know, but maybe he would have spotted the thread and had a real good look.

I could argue if they were labelled Mystery peppers- perhaps they should remain a mystery to remain true to the product.

That 34th date with your mate that can lead to a new family and marriage (ok 33rd ! date with same person for me !) ?

We're ALL mystery peppers- and no one carries around a DNA test kit before procreation to say-" hold it - HOLD IT - I SAID HOLD IT - one sec, test ALMOST DONE.. ALLLLLMMMMOOOSSTTT DONE... OK - You're from Mesopotamia too with split bloodline to Scandanavia - OK we're GOOD TO GO - "

But my point here is- as I'm new to pepper world, I DO see some DNA analysis for some strains at NMU CPI it seems.

So - I am half tempted to say- DNA analysis is probably the only TRUE way to organize peppers, I see in 1954 - I forget his name- this one guy - came up with a system for organizing plants, they even named the official biological journal still used for plant identification after him ? that's one thing, but I think DNA is probably the only SURE way to know what's coming from where- but EVEN THEN - it's just names, labels -

I think the best 'spotters' I see on here (I"m not one -YET !) are able to offer up traits using other peppers as labels.

So, rather than seek a 'for sure' identification - PERHAPS - and I mean this in a good way- just settle at FIRST for what Species of capsicum you have, I THINK it's species when we say Chinense vs annuum vs pubescens (uh oh, I can't think of the other 2 big ones, then the 14 wilds ones), or maybe it's Cultivar - or maybe each TYPE of the species is the cultivar.

Oh well- hopefully I've added SoMETHING to this that's of value in pepper identification, if not a smile !

I said to my wife the other day "hmm - what if I ran a DNA analysis service for pepper growers, you just KNOW people would send their peppers in - I could charge like $10 a pepper or something" Now to quickly educate myself in biogenetic engineering ! lol

I have some similar to the 5 you have grouped on the lower right. The long greenish red ones. Munched one today in a couple burgers. It was a little hot but I could not pick out what it tasted like overall. In the end I'd eat another. Which is good cause I got a lot. Lol
And I still don't know what they are.

Back