• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Can you I.D. my Chili?

As you can see the plants are ~18-24" in height. THe pods grow upwards and start yellow->orange->red. The flavor is similar to my Thai chilies but even better, hotter too! I got two plants as seedlings from my brotherin law but nobody seems to know the name of this variety. I was told it was from France :P

1237139_10201031564484500_1564157201_n.jpg

1173806_10201031564444499_1894757784_n.jpg

Any ideas? I love them, I am letting a few really ripen for seed....next season I will have a lot of these, I hope!

Trever1t said:
Calyx is a new term for me. If you mean the stem part that secures the pod to stem then no, these are on there pretty tight. They do look like Tobasco but the heat is more, quite a bit more than my Thai. The Bird's Eye that was originally suggested also looks identilcle to the tobasco? I have no flowers at this time, I just harvested a bunch off the plants this morning, hopeing I see some new flowering soon.

Yeah, it's the part that secures the stem. I don't think it's them then! I don't think thai hots are that hot. It wouldn't surprise me that tabasco could be hotter.

Trever1t said:
I read that the Tabasco chili has thin walls while these here have very thick and crisp. Noticeably thicker than the Thai if that's any clue?

Yeah, they are very thin walled. I don't think it's c. frutescens anymore either. The leaves just look very similar. It must be some sort of c. annuum or c. annuum cross. I'm pretty clueless to what it is in particular. 

Dulac said:

Yeah, they are very thin walled. I don't think it's c. frutescens anymore either. The leaves just look very similar. It must be some sort of c. annuum or c. annuum cross. I'm pretty clueless to what it is in particular. 
yes i agree its and Annum,thats why i didnt think it was PIRI PIRI, we could find ourselves at a dead end here because there are quite a few species that look like this one

im clueless also

thanks your friend Joe

Back