• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Cape Fear Red Savina Habanero Sauce

Cap'n Bones put up a bottle of sauce for answering a trivia question. I decided that high score on my local bars megatouch machine just wasn't the payout I was looking for with all my accumulated useless facts. Having only paid attention to his other sales I figured I'd get a bottle of his least selling item and would have been perfectly happy with it. What i got was Cape Fear Red Savina Habanero Sauce. Despite my excitement, I waited a couple of days to open it. Just as i was finishing off some less than tasty pasta salad and had opened the fridge to reach for a hot sauce, I remembered the Cape Fear. I opened it and was hit full in the face by a delicious aroma. I didn't have to stick my nose in the bottle like I usually do. The flavor was just as pleasing. And best of all the heat was just the way I like it, arriving just after you question if it really is hot and only removed by another taste...followed by another. I am already making mental lists of what I'm going to try it on. :!:

darthcarl said:
Cap'n Bones put up a bottle of sauce for answering a trivia question. I decided that high score on my local bars megatouch machine just wasn't the payout I was looking for with all my accumulated useless facts. Having only paid attention to his other sales I figured I'd get a bottle of his least selling item and would have been perfectly happy with it. What i got was Cape Fear Red Savina Habanero Sauce. Despite my excitement, I waited a couple of days to open it. Just as i was finishing off some less than tasty pasta salad and had opened the fridge to reach for a hot sauce, I remembered the Cape Fear. I opened it and was hit full in the face by a delicious aroma. I didn't have to stick my nose in the bottle like I usually do. The flavor was just as pleasing. And best of all the heat was just the way I like it, arriving just after you question if it really is hot and only removed by another taste...followed by another. I am already making mental lists of what I'm going to try it on. :!:
Awwww....ya beat me to it. I've been busy lately studying (MCAT tomorrow morning)

I had the pleasure of trying this very sauce last night at dinner. I'll post my thoughts, you post yours, and we'll compare notes:

As you stated, great bouquet (not sure if wine terms apply to hot sauce, but what the heck). My wife brought me a barbeque pork sandwich last night for dinner with a side of fries. Unfortunately, they left off the barbeque sauce, so I put on some Sticky Fingers Hab. BBQ sauce, and finished it with Cape Fear Red Savina Habanero sauce. It was a good combination, but it was hard to get a good handle on the flavor/heat.
Anyway, I poured a bunch over my fries. WOW!!! For you pepper purists, that like the flavor of the pepper, you will like this sauce. It tastes almost as if you are biting into a habanero. Nice, crisp, and fresh. I looked at the ingredients, and noticed that there was some vinegar and tomato added as well, but you can't tell it by the flavor. What a wonderful sauce.
Next, the heat hit me. Yup. Red Savina. This is as hot a sauce as you are going to find without extract. More heat than Matouk's (any of them). Of course, I did drench my fries with the sauce (now about a quarter empty), but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't sweat a bit. This sauce has great heat. The pepperheads in here will enjoy this sauce, though I don't recommend it for the uninitiated. I can't recall the exact wording of the heat warning on the label, but it was clever and accurate.
I will try this sauce again. And again.

Kudos, Capt. Bones.

Josh

Let me know what you think, Darth.

Darthcarl....

I started thinking about it, and I hope you don't think I tried to hijack your thread. I apologize if that is the impression anyone gets. That was not my intention. I will think before I post in the future. :oops:

Oh yeah....and the multiple posts? Nothing happened when I hit submit. I hit it again. Sorry again.

Josh

posts get hijacked around here all the time, no worries. I haven't tried it on my fries yet...it's on the list. I know it's not propper pepper procedure but the big test for me is "can it make the 1.25 tostitos pizza taste good?" Cape Fear passed.

I had it tonight in a chicken kebab pita with humus. Mmmm.

darthcarl said:
posts get hijacked around here all the time, no worries. I haven't tried it on my fries yet...it's on the list. I know it's not propper pepper procedure but the big test for me is "can it make the 1.25 tostitos pizza taste good?" Cape Fear passed.
Anything that allows the flavor to get through works for me. I don't eat fries often (trying to stay at a reasonable weight....ski season is rapidly approaching). You won't be disappointed. It's got a real kick, and great flavor.

Josh

Back