• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsicum Galapagoense Germination CGN22208

I am having problems with germination of the Capsicum Galapagoense. Seed cap stems are getting very thin????? What is causing this?? Please help!!! Pictures are 3 different germinations.

Attachments

• CapsicumGalapagoense 008.jpg
    CapsicumGalapagoense 008.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 53
  • CapsicumGalapagoense 007.jpg
    CapsicumGalapagoense 007.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CapsicumGalapagoense 002.jpg
    CapsicumGalapagoense 002.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 48
I 2nd damping off. Your medium looks too wet. Try a fan, bottom watering, only water when soil is dry an inch below the surface and/or covering the top of soil with an 1/8" of sand. Good luck!

Edit: I 3rd damping off :). :(

Reactions: PHB
The hard part with the wilds is keeping them damp enough to germ,but not too damp that they rot. Some of them take a long time to germinate and rotting becomes an issue. I kept mine the dampness of a nice piece of moist cake.

Yeah and by the way when you see those green thing (don't know the word in english) on top it means to much watering. I've done it also.

As Dshloog said, set a fan, it will dry the air.

Your lucky to get some to grow as they are a real pain to germinate.
I've tried 4 times with now luck although I have not had any fresh seeds and
only 3 or 4 seeds at a time.

PHB said:
Congratulations ! :)

Now, no water until soil is bone dry & leaves wilting. ;)
I wouldn't do that unit it has a couple sets of leaves. Seedlings at this stage are more delicate and can dry out faster than an older seedling if not watered on time. Just water when the pot feels light, and of course bottom water ;).

Congrats on the germ btw, I want to go wild next year :fireball:.

, Vegas

Back