• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caramel Brain Strain

I was given the pleasure to sample this pepper that Steven found growing in his chocolate brain strains.  
Thanks again Steven i love the flavor on it. I will be growing it next year.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Thanks again Nigel for the excellent review.

It must be my monitor's color gamut, but those look red to me.

I would have imagined that Caramel would have been a light brown color, you know, like caramel candy...

people are reviewing / growing / selling peppers that aren't stable at all, then they try to name every single color variation, We got Black, dark brown, brown, caramel, rust, burgundy it's just lol.

alkhall said:
It must be my monitor's color gamut, but those look red to me.

I would have imagined that Caramel would have been a light brown color, you know, like caramel candy...

juanitos said:
people are reviewing / growing / selling peppers that aren't stable at all, then they try to name every single color variation, We got Black, dark brown, brown, caramel, rust, burgundy it's just lol.

Def not red in color and i didn't give it the name either.  And def different then any brain strain iv'e ever seen or tried.  And no he's not selling these either that i know of.

Can we rather talk about REAL things?

How about a thread on Spanish chilies?
So tiiiiiiiiiiiiired of red blue green purple blah blah thing/fad. Let's focus on something that is going to rock the culinary boat.

Time for refocus peeps.

jedisushi06 said:
Lol and you grow what again?
???
Chewi said:
from that chart it looks like  :dance:  PMS 1595 :dance:
Thanks, that is sort of brownish-red with maybe a tinge of orange, to my eye anyway. Interesting, I have not seen a pod that color either.

Anyway, if they are not available, it is rather a moot point...

Chewi said:
from that chart it looks like  :dance:  PMS 1595 :dance:
wtf is does that mean Rob?
alkhall said:
???

Thanks, that is sort of brownish-red with maybe a tinge of orange, to my eye anyway. Interesting, I have not seen a pod that color either.

Anyway, if they are not available, it is rather a moot point...
how is it a mood point?  Do you think Chris Phillips gives away every strain he finds or grows or posts about on here?  Do you think i give seeds to every random person who messages me on here for seeds that i don't even know?  Do you know how annoying it is to get hit up for seeds constantly on here from strangers?  I posted the thread so you guys could see these peppers before a few people are growing them next year.  Reason the thread is called Hot Pepper Talk.  I was even kind enough to show you pictures and post links for the only two reviews it has so far.

RobStar said:
Can we rather talk about REAL things?

How about a thread on Spanish chilies?
So tiiiiiiiiiiiiired of red blue green purple blah blah thing/fad. Let's focus on something that is going to rock the culinary boat.

Time for refocus peeps.
So they are imaginary i suppose.  This site has gotten over populated with noobs.

I just find this incredibly boring. This is starting to remind me of the herp community. New colour this that and everything. Becoming so contrived.

Does thing taste different? If not then I just don't see what the hype is about.

jedisushi06 said:
wtf is does that mean Rob?

how is it a mood point?  Do you think Chris Phillips gives away every strain he finds or grows or posts about on here?  Do you think i give seeds to every random person who messages me on here for seeds that i don't even know?  Do you know how annoying it is to get hit up for seeds constantly on here from strangers?  I posted the thread so you guys could see these peppers before a few people are growing them next year.  Reason the thread is called Hot Pepper Talk.  I was even kind enough to show you pictures and post links for the only two reviews it has so far.

So they are imaginary i suppose.  This site has gotten over populated with noobs.
Apparently you misunderstand.

And trust me, I have no intention of asking anyone, including you, for seeds. I do not even participate in any of the free seed giveaways. If I want seeds, I buy them. And no, I have no idea what it is like to have people beg for seeds, but I can imagine it is quite irritating and frustrating. I do, however, appreciate your kindness in sharing this variation.

It is 'moot' (verb (used with object) 4 .to present or introduce (any point, subject, project, etc.) for discussion.) because it is unavailable to everyone except a select few, therefore may be viewed as a purely illustrative post.

I can, at only four years into the hot pepper growing experience, accept the 'noob' label. But, even you had to start somewhere...
Chewi said:
I like new and different colors. Really, I want a caramel scotch bonnet! Imagine the powder!
:high:
Agreed, any deviation from established and commonly accepted phenotypes is fascinating.

RobStar said:
I just find this incredibly boring. This is starting to remind me of the herp community. New colour this that and everything. Becoming so contrived.

Does thing taste different? If not then I just don't see what the hype is about.
Yes it tastes better then any other brain strain iv'e tried or grown over the years.  It actually looks similar in color to a caramel moruga. Your just bitter because you can't have the seeds yet lmao.

Chewi said:
I like new and different colors. Really, I want a caramel scotch bonnet! Imagine the powder!
:high:
Rob wtf have you been smoking brother? That flakka shit lol.

Back