• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds CARDI Seedlings

I am growing about 9 VERY healthy Scorp CARDI plants right now and they are on their 3 set of leaves...My question is, as they sit next to other chinense varieties of the same age and size, their leaves look much rounder and more heart shaped than the other plants that are more like an arrow and a bit longer...Is this something that anyone else has noticed or does it sound unusual? I'll throw some pics up later tonight for reference.

Yeah! Its wierd huh? They are healthy as heck but the leaves just look funny...I cant wait to get some better insight from the pros here.....:?:

Roundish and heart shaped leaves are kind of the tell-tale sign that a plant is indeed a chinense. Some are more "extreme" than others but it sounds right to me.

But we need the pictures now my friend. Not later. You are a n00b so I don't believe you without the pics! :lol:

MrArboc said:
Roundish and heart shaped leaves are kind of the tell-tale sign that a plant is indeed a chinense. Some are more "extreme" than others but it sounds right to me.

But we need the pictures now my friend. Not later. You are a n00b so I don't believe you without the pics! :lol:

Here we go again.....LMAO!

I'll have pics up later tonight, all you guys will prolly be asleep by then but when you see the difference, its hard to deny that they are not the same as all the other chinense. MUCH more round!

I find leaf shape within Chinenses can be different too. From plump tear drops to even more elongated. From lots of small leaves to less large.

My Cardi Yellow on the right vs a 7 pot yellow on the left.
DSCF2146.jpg

DarkTrak said:
Here we go again.....LMAO!

I'll have pics up later tonight, all you guys will prolly be asleep by then but when you see the difference, its hard to deny that they are not the same as all the other chinense. MUCH more round!

Personally i'd like to see MrArboc's plants too i dont think iv'e ever seen one my friend.

Toleman said:
I find leaf shape within Chinenses can be different too. From plump tear drops to even more elongated. From lots of small leaves to less large.

My Cardi Yellow on the right vs a 7 pot yellow on the left.
DSCF2146.jpg

I cant see too much of a difference there...

Toleman said:
Not the large longer leaves on the left and smaller more pronounced tear drop shaped on the right?

nope...I have horrible eyes tho. Im tellin ya, the ones I have are way different.

madhatter said:
Personally i'd like to see MrArboc's plants too i dont think iv'e ever seen one my friend.

That's because I don't have any plants. I'm just here to torment the n00bs with less than 456 posts.

DarkTrak said:
Why 456?? lol

It's very scientific - the keys needed to type 456 are close together so I can type the explanation about 0.05 second faster than I could if the magic number was 918.

MrArboc said:
It's very scientific - the keys needed to type 456 are close together so I can type the explanation about 0.05 second faster than I could if the magic number was 918.

Fvcking CLASSIC! LMAO!

DarkTrak said:
nope...I have horrible eyes tho. Im tellin ya, the ones I have are way different.

My yellow scorp's leaves are different than the reds (shorter and broader), but you need pics if yours are that unusual. :)

Silver_Surfer said:
My yellow scorp's leaves are different than the reds (shorter and broader), but you need pics if yours are that unusual. :)

I know but the plants are currently 31.7 miles from me right now, as I'm currently at work. I'll post up later.

Now that I think about it a lot of the leaves on my younger plants started out round like you are saying but ended up getting pointier and more tear drop shaped like normal as they grew.

Back