food Carnitas sushi rolls- BAM!!!

Everyone loved them, my wife took some to work and they went nuts for it. I'm going to make some more later this week but without the pork. I was thinking  cucumber, avocado, spicy mayo and prosciutto inside. Rice, rolled in panko and more prosciutto on the top. Sounds kinda good to me. 

D3monic said:
no but at sushi joints its all in and on eachother. utensils , mats ect. I get nervous when it comes to food allergies. 

I have a potential solution for you! In Japan Perilla leaves are used as a garnish, and as an antidote for shellfish allergy. At least that is what I have always heard. There has been little study done on the subject, but potentially something worth exploring! Just make sure to have your epipen handy, just in case!

D3monic said:
Everyone loved them, my wife took some to work and they went nuts for it. I'm going to make some more later this week but without the pork. I was thinking  cucumber, avocado, spicy mayo and prosciutto inside. Rice, rolled in panko and more prosciutto on the top. Sounds kinda good to me.

My wife will not eat sushi, but loves her vegetable rolls. The avocado & cuke combo is one of her favorites. The prosciutto will be a nice addition.

My wife will not eat sushi, but loves her vegetable rolls. The avocado & cuke combo is one of her favorites. The prosciutto will be a nice addition.

she's missing out!

The Hot Pepper said:
No prob. This place is good too and less fancy, more bistro style. http://cartaazul.com/
I didn't have carnitas though.
Recommended. 

Not that RM is super fancy... it's not. 

Sadly, they would not deliver to downtown.   So I was not able to get them for lunch.  I was talking about Rosa Mexicano with one of my brokers and that will be where we have our next dinner.   He has been there a few times and was very complimentary.

Dang.

Chimichanga!

Best chimi's I ever had weren't even Mexican.

Back in the day of the neanderthal and troglodyte. 

Anchorage, AK.

Carr's grocery store on the corner of Minnesota and Northern Lights Blvd.

Shredded bbq'd beef chimichangas.

Crunchy deep fried bbq goodness.

I've never been able to duplicate them.

Chimichanga sushi rolls.

Give it to me!

31841819_2379933742020468_7578862804774420480_n.jpg

31958450_2379933728687136_7881316441868206080_n.jpg

Back