Carolina Reaper pic....

I cant wait to taste this pepper..... :onfire:

5qxd.jpg

I hear this is the new biggest thing!!! prolly will infuse 1/4 of them into my growing crop next year..do u know what the market pays per pound for these NC gems? How many make a pound? are they like ping pong balls similar to the scorpian or have some density to them.

ed

StAugieHotPeppers said:
I hear this is the new biggest thing!!! prolly will infuse 1/4 of them into my growing crop next year..do u know what the market pays per pound for these NC gems? How many make a pound? are they like ping pong balls similar to the scorpian or have some density to them.

ed
There's some reviews in hot pepper talk on them. They look good sized to me and they look deadly hot. Btw Check out jigsaw and Jays peach ghost scorps if you haven't seen them yet.

A close up from this morning.....man it makes my mouth water!!! :fire:

6b70e02b-285f-4ce1-9a12-4d9885c55642.jpg

StAugieHotPeppers said:

ed
Ed, I do not know anything about market values, only values to me..haha
I am guessing they would be like any other pepper, habs or super hots though.
They look like a mix between  a scorpion and a ghost actually....ghost skin and scorpion tail and insides.
but keep the shape of scorpions from what I hear.

Only one I have with pods on it has round ones with no tail.
And all my seeds came from Ed and Joe.
Size of a marble and red already.
Seems to be some variation in these, as reported by others.

Oh well.
I have other plants and seeds from a perfect pod for next year.

StAugieHotPeppers said:

ed
I doubt there's a normalized market price for something like this, rather a seller's market and depends on luck who you find or who finds you to buy them.

I have seen them without the tails as well..
I know this is a new pepper, so I would imagine there would be some differences between seeds.
Possible crosses too.

Gotrox said:
Only one I have with pods on it has round ones with no tail.
And all my seeds came from Ed and Joe.
Size of a marble and red already.
Seems to be some variation in these, as reported by others.

Oh well.
I have other plants and seeds from a perfect pod for next year.
I have two plants producing pods.  One very smooth and hab like, the other wrinkly with a stinger.  Posted pics of both on the Reaper community grow glog.  From the same seed pack they look very different.

Back