• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Carolina Reaper problem

You got aphids. Spray those bastards with some dawn dishsoap mixed with neem oil!!!
I've never experienced a few aphids making a plant look like that unless it was totally covered in them or they transmitted a disease to the plant. Are they all over your plant? Check under leaves, in the new growth, stems etc. Blast em off with water till you get a soap and neem spray, or just soap ready.

You gotta' spray the soap in every crevise of the plant not just wipe the leaves.
And don't put it in the sun once its been sprayed until the leaves are dry.
Yeah they can cause brown spots and necrotic regions once those little m_____f__kers suck the juices out of the plant tissues.

Just make sure you keep checking it every day or two and spray again if you see more because the tiny baby ones can hide where you cant see in tiny crevises and such. I usually get an aphid attack in late spring on my outdoor peppers, I just hose em off and by early summer the benificial insects like ladybug larvae, green lacewing larve and small jumping spiders keep em under control. Don't bring that plant in your house if you have other indoor plants or you may have a huge problem. Good luck and keep destroying those vile creatures!!!!! BTW, if you get any leafdrop after the soap spray you probably made it too strong, but if you have a good root system the plant will bounce back. It will just set the plant back some.

How long is your growing season where you are in Romania?

Thank you very much for helping me, hope your reaper gets better too. Growing season is around 5 months in Romania. Hopefuly next years growing season will also have very hot temperatures cause i wanna try to grow Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, yellow and chocolate habanero.

Im not worried about the reaper seedling problem, I got a few more reapers big and small in fine shape :-).

Glad you got your problem sorted out, once its aphid free keep it aphid free and overwinter it :-).

Back