• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Carolina Reapers growing from stem question

I have posted pods growing from stem before but I have a question for the pros here at THP. The leaf above the two reapers looks likes like the nutrients are being cut off to the leaf. Should I cut the stem just above the pods? Thanks Andrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 60
The leaf should fall off on its own, so I wouldn't worry about it. Leaves fall off of my plants all the time, but the plants produce at least 15-20 to replace it

Yeah man it will fall off or just give it a yank and it will come off easily if it's ready to....I do that every few days, go and clean up my plants by clipping or yanking off the leaves that don't look the best and as elcap mentioned, they grow back 10 fold....
Oh and awesome looking pods man!!!

SadisticPeppers said:
The leaf should fall off on its own, so I wouldn't worry about it. Leaves fall off of my plants all the time, but the plants produce at least 15-20 to replace it
thank you for you insight. I think I will give the stem pods away in a contest when they get ripe to whoever responds to this thread. Two pods attached to stem if anyone wants. Let me know if there is interest ?

96strat said:
thank you for you insight. I think I will give the stem pods away in a contest when they get ripe to whoever responds to this thread. Two pods attached to stem if anyone wants. Let me know if there is interest ?

Sounds good to me :)

96strat said:
I want..;)

I will do a football game with a total score to members the only respond to thread . Ps these were Jim Duffy seeds.

Cool man....my reaper plant isn't doing anything for me...out of all my plants it's the runt and hates me for some reason...;)

Awesome pods you got there. I too as a new grower went through the leaf thing myself and will agree with just giving a light tug and if they stay, they stay.

Back