• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cayenne Pepper

i have many Cayenne Pepper plants out and they are absolutly covered with peppers however none are turning red what gives..... i have other peppers that are ready ripening does it take a long time for the to turn or what... also i am going to string these peppers up to dry do i need to dry them first or just string them up and they will dry out on there own.....

Well, they should be turning red, but sometimes it takes a while. You don't need to dry them first if you wanna string them up, but I'm always making sure they do not touch each other when I string them up. Might be just me, but I am afraid they might rot more easily if they did touch each other.

i been eatin green not to bad but they are much better Red, i have some Jalapenos That are Huge i need to photo them and post pics.....

imaguitargod said:
Ditto what everyone else said. I've been waiting patiently for some of my peppers to ripen..."a watched pot" and all that.

lol yeah, a watched pod never ripens... Been waiting for my Caribbean Reds to ripen for weeks now :D

I thought I was the only one. I finally picked some green ones for two reasons. I think I have read from some of you that you need to pick some early so more pods will grow. And, I couldn't wait.

Some of my Dutch Red and Dutch Yellow pods are taking forever to ripen, too. One plant even came up with small pods that ripened before pods that were even there before the flower the small ones grew from was in bloom!!!

Back