• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cayenne peppers for sauces?

I'm kicking around the idea of making some of my own cayenne sauces this year. What cayenne type peppers are good for this? Thicker flesh? Thinner flesh?

The Cayenne Super II Hybrid at CCN looks good, so does the Island Hellfire cayenne..

Any suggestions?

elequin said:
I'm kicking around the idea of making some of my own cayenne sauces this year. What cayenne type peppers are good for this? Thicker flesh? Thinner flesh?

The Cayenne Super II Hybrid at CCN looks good, so does the Island Hellfire cayenne..

Any suggestions?

Depending on the room you have, I would try planting a couple of each and experimenting with them all. Just my 2-cents. But, keep in mind that I have started so many plants that my yard is going to be littered with containers and the beds are full. I just can't stop myself........My lovely wife thinks I need help....Bless her.... :lol:

I'd make that decision based on nothing but my personal taste and what is at my disposal at that time. I think you can use them all in a sauce, but some might not appeal to you as much as others.

Back