• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CGN 21500 X 7 Pot Barrackpore

some updated shots of the two plants.  The smaller plant has taken up a taller growth habit and the larger one is becoming wider with larger leaves.

I noticed that these plants must be susceptible to edema, they are the only ones out of the 30+ strains I'm growing of this species that have it, so I'm thinking that they require much much less water than most other C. chinense varieties.  There's no way in hell I've been overwatering them in comparison to the other plants so it's strange that they would develop it.  You can see it in the first shot under the leaves of both plants, looks a bit like salt.

20150329_161343_zpss0hwi3dv.jpg

20150329_161250_zpsgofnnir5.jpg

Will probably step them up to 5" pots very soon.  Their growth has also slowed down comparatively.

They look great. I'm growing the cgn 215000 this year so I will be interested to see how these turn out.
Thanks for sharing.

Helvete said:
Heh nah I am trying to let them grow as unadulterated as possible.
I've found the darker plants seem to be less full when it comes to foliage and grow quicker making lovely pom pom topped plants.. My Yaki blue looked like a palm tree until I recently cut it back to get some lower trunk branching, starting to look the goods now though ..

KrakenPeppers said:
I've found the darker plants seem to be less full when it comes to foliage and grow quicker making lovely pom pom topped plants.. My Yaki blue looked like a palm tree until I recently cut it back to get some lower trunk branching, starting to look the goods now though ..
I think that's mostly because darker plants get the dark foliage from C. annuum crosses normally (Bolivian rainbow, purple flash, black pearl, etc....including PDN which is a natural C. annuum cross, its growth habit is very annuum)  Since CGN21500 is a C. chinense I don't that that's going to be an issue but we'll see.

Helvete said:
Also, has ajijoe been around?  I'm curious what pheno he would be looking for if we were to save any seed stock for the cross.   I'd also like to know if the darker tone leaves is consistent with the F1.  Maybe even what the foliage looked like on the F2 if #cmpman1974 can offer any insight into those :)
hello, not looking for a return on these have fun with it, I actually call it "Blushing Dutchman" I didn't grow it this year and am not worried aabout it, sorry it took so long to get back to you but I have not been on much here anymore, have no time and lost some interest

thanks your friend Joe

Ok so I've got pods on the taller plant!  They're both blooming so I'll have pods on both in no time.  I've got them in 7 gallon containers and they're going to be on my patio by the house for safekeeping for the duration of the season.

20150523_204628_zpsrbphh2n4.jpg

20150513_175505_zpsk3gusqfy.jpg

20150513_175450_zpsbuwprsu1.jpg

20150513_175415_zpsrhek6sdk.jpg

Who else is growing this that can post pictures?

Looking good, sounds like a nice cross, my cgn-21500's tend to have the plain green leaves so far, the ones I planted outside got some purpling but also sun burnt as hell. Curious to see what your pods look like

Helvete said:
Ok so I've got pods on the taller plant!  They're both blooming so I'll have pods on both in no time.  I've got them in 7 gallon containers and they're going to be on my patio by the house for safekeeping for the duration of the season.

20150523_204628_zpsrbphh2n4.jpg

20150513_175505_zpsk3gusqfy.jpg

20150513_175450_zpsbuwprsu1.jpg

20150513_175415_zpsrhek6sdk.jpg

Who else is growing this that can post pictures?
can't say i'm growing those , but do have a few plants in those same containers , WALLY World !  at least they sure look identical ! 

I'll be saving seeds, no worries.  Even if I can't divvy them up because of my move later this year I can mail them out to someone who can.  I'm still trying to get others to post pics of their grow of these, I know there has to be more thp people growing them XD

Helvete said:
I'll be saving seeds, no worries.  Even if I can't divvy them up because of my move later this year I can mail them out to someone who can.  I'm still trying to get others to post pics of their grow of these, I know there has to be more thp people growing them XD
If I can get some my way in a few months when they start to get some size I'll be coming into grow season.. I'd be more than happy to share the results and post pics

Back