• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Charlesquik's 2019 new greenhouse glog

Hey there guys! Another wonderful year yet to come!

Here is this year progress in one post :D

YKTRqYX.jpg

We got a monster apollo 20 led growing light. It's amazing 

qkZ5eOM.jpg

xj0pjf0.jpg

jvEaoC4.jpg

gtq5Iwm.jpg

hCIiZcc.jpg

We finally finished installing the greenhouse!

Its a full aluminum greenhouse with poly-carbonate twin-wall. Even the bolt and nuts are aluminum and I must say it was a pain in the ass to install because if you torque the bolt too much it snap pretty easily.

Also it has been a year since we bought it used and disassembled it.

Took us a whole day to reassemble, but that greenhouse is awesome so all worth it  :party:

QIgGXc0.jpg

7p5sI1I.jpg

5cotXfk.jpg

fkg2Sr5.jpg

I have only 13 plants left from 24. Had some aphid, over watering and sun burn problem.

This is not my best year. At the same time last year the plants were bigger, but its still not too bad.

YtaLSq1.jpg

I'll see how they like the greenhouse in two weeks once they acclimate. 

Fqwd7Co.jpg

Also want to thank to Josh from Bold Badger sauces for the free bag of seeds. I labeled them mystery seeds and grew 3 plants from his seeds! Grabbed the seeds at random from the bag of over a thousand seeds so I'm pretty excited to find out what sort of peppers grow from it.

KMmI1Ve.jpg

0spnyLn.jpg

My step father kind of went overboard this year with the size of the garden. 

ihu3rFa.jpg

Also the chickens are back! Expect some picture from these ladies once in a while  ;)

V9h6UNp.jpg

Happy growing everyone! Wish you a good growing year :)

Chuck

I know don't know what is happening this year, but we haven't seen any ladybugs yet. The aphids took the opportunity to multiply and invade all of my pepper plants.

t8rrDfx.jpg

I am spraying all the plants with End-All, but I'm not sure if its a good product. Anyone got any experience with it?

3g8Nh6R.jpg

If the problem continue I will have to buy ladybugs directly from a store and release them in the greenhouse.

Chuck

All of your grow equipment looks great, I've been looking at some of those led grow lights. I figure it's a get what you pay for type of thing just not sure I wanna pay the big money for one.
Damn aphids really seem to love any indoor plant. I have no experience with that spray, Good luck getting them under control.

Mr.joe said:
All of your grow equipment looks great, I've been looking at some of those led grow lights. I figure it's a get what you pay for type of thing just not sure I wanna pay the big money for one.
Damn aphids really seem to love any indoor plant. I have no experience with that spray, Good luck getting them under control.

Apollo light are really expensive I gotta give you that. I buy them cheap from a guy I know and they are really great, but I wouldnt pay the price i see online.

I started with a meizhi from ebay and was quite happy with the quality and price. You should check that out.

I find led way better than t5 fluo and I wont talk about hps (too hot and too expensive to run).

This is a nice investment to do and they last long. The meizhi has been running for 3 years and still no burned led.

Little update.

I was out for holidays in Ireland and now I'm back. The aphids are still here which make me wonder where the hell are the lady bugs this year. I used two bottles of end all to no avail and I'm down of 20 bucks haha

There is still hope because the plants are still doing good and there is a plant with over 80 flowers right now.

I'll post some pictures later on.

Chuck

Greenhouse is really great! 

Tomato plants are trying to escape from the windows haha

66afE1E.jpg

I removed a lot of my plant from the greenhouse because now the aphids infestation is worst than ever. I managed to almost eradicate them since last post, but last week one of the plant got infested again and it spread to other plants.

CrfUel9.jpg

Also bought a new camera fujifilm x-t20 with the 18-55 kit lens.

The last one was a Sony Alpha 3000. I really like the size of the new one. Its easier to bring it around. Both camera have a 18-55 kit lens on. 

YsfjMO9.jpg

Took a picture of one of the hens :)

JZ9BaT9.jpg

Had my first harvest last week with some aji cito and aji verde, but not enough for a picture.

Chuck

Back