• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds cheap and easy seed starter pots

HEY everybody, i found these links here on how to make some cheap easy seed starting pots and recycle old news paper at the same time. who wouldnt want to be eco friendly these days,

if you guys have any other idea's id love to hear them, especially for 3 gallon pots and larger. it would be cool to make some cheap and easy pots, and more cost effective in the long run i think.

here is the video

and here is the other link
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-organic-planting-pots-using-old-newspa/

obchili said:
Awesome video.  I even stopped it to get me a piece of newspaper.  It works.  Thank you.
you are welcome, i just found the video today and thought it would be a great idea for starting a lot of plants

Swartmamba said:
that would get sloppy quick
i thought so as well, but if you dont over water and it is sitting in a drip pan or something so excess water doesnt go anywhere but where you want it, it should be fine, obviously dont pick it up when soaking wet, but it should hold up for quite a long time. 

edit: at any rate i am going to try it and see how it works

the other link has news paper wrapped around a bottle of the size you want, i am going to take a small pill bottle and try that, make a whole bunch the size of peat pellets and see how that works as well

just found a neat little thing, the newspaper pot thing cant be all that bad if there is a market for "newspaper pot maker"  check it out on google, 1,000's of pictures of them

I found something just like this on You Tube except you wrap the paper around a soup can( or whatever size you want). Quick, easy, free, and you can stick them right in the ground....

hammerhead pat said:
I found something just like this on You Tube except you wrap the paper around a soup can( or whatever size you want). Quick, easy, free, and you can stick them right in the ground....
thats where i got it from as well, just thought id share though. they have a tool you can buy for 25 to 50 bucks, or you can do it the good ol cheap arse way lol
i think its a good idea.

Back