Cheap Brinkmanns in Canada

I was hunting around for a cheap vertical brinkmann charcoal smoker for a while, then I stumbled across this place

http://www.smartdealscanada.ca/

They have a cheap, single door brinkmann for $70. It wasn't on the website, but a buddy informed me they had about 5 pallets full at the store near me.

Made some ribs (well 8 racks actually) with it and they turned out amazing. With a few mods, this thing is going to be a beauty.

Did you purchase your Brinkmann smoker at Bar-B-Que Country on 75th street and Roper Road in Edmonton?

I live in the Edmonton area, and would like to check them out.

dvg

i received their flyer in the mail and some of their prices look pretty good, there are about 4 stores in Calgary and just appear to have popped up overnight. the only item in the flyer that caught my attention was the cheap walk in green house. i am looking at ways to increase my humidity levels in the house without causing toxic mold for my bhuts, 7's and scorpians; it is looking like chinense are a 2 year venture for me before they produce pods. i do have a small humidifier but in our dry weather that mist evapourates pretty quick, my thinking is to put the humidifer into the greenhouse, on a timer and a let it run twice a day.

Did you purchase your Brinkmann smoker at Bar-B-Que Country on 75th street and Roper Road in Edmonton?

I live in the Edmonton area, and would like to check them out.

dvg

No I bought it from the store in the link, which is known as Bianca Armours Liquidation Super centre on 111ave and ~167street. It does need a couple mods, like drilling holes in the charcoal pan and a better seal for the door, but for $70 I could't say no.

I have been to BBQ country many times, in fact I bought my grill from them. The store is unreal, but unfortunately so are the prices.

i received their flyer in the mail and some of their prices look pretty good, there are about 4 stores in Calgary and just appear to have popped up overnight. the only item in the flyer that caught my attention was the cheap walk in green house. i am looking at ways to increase my humidity levels in the house without causing toxic mold for my bhuts, 7's and scorpians; it is looking like chinense are a 2 year venture for me before they produce pods. i do have a small humidifier but in our dry weather that mist evapourates pretty quick, my thinking is to put the humidifer into the greenhouse, on a timer and a let it run twice a day.

I almost bought the greenhouse when I was there as well, the plastic is surprisingly thick for $12 or whatever it costs. The wife would only let me have one toy, and I chose the smoker. Your plan sounds solid, if you go for it let me know how it goes. I might buy one and modify it to suit the small space I have to work with.

Thanks for the location info Fireface! :cool:

I might have to check out that indoor greenhouse as well! :dance:

dvg

Back