• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping cheap containers/shopping bags

Balduvian said:
i like this idea, maybe next year ill look into making them myself but for now i can get 10 gallons out of a dollar canadian tire bag so im gunna go with that lol

walmart

.50 cents

seriously lol

well i planted 2 into canadian tire bags, my plants came out of 2 gallon buckets and i had to add another 10 gallons of dirt into the bags, left about an inch to inch and a half from the top of the bag, so maybe 12.5 gallons they hold, might plant the rest in the smaller walmart ones lol

Walmart (in Canada) has 3 sizes:

small - $0.50
medium - $0.97
large - $1.47

I bought the medium bags and they are just over 7 gallons each (15.5" long x 8" wide x 13.5" high)

ya i think i found the canadian tire bags for $1 to be best bang for your buck and on the size, i forget how much i got into mine, think it holds around 12 gallons to be honest

ECk1Qtq.jpg

It doesn't look it...but this one holds over 20 Gallons of Soil. The blue tubs in the background are 18 Gallons...and the Nursery container next to it is a 5#. I added an entire 64 quart bag of soil on top of the original 5#s of soil it was in...This was taken a few weeks back, I will keep ya'll posted! It's from Rubios Restaurant and you get them free with large carry out orders. 

I used another 5# container to size up how much soil I needed to add into the bottom of the bag to get the height right. Then I carefully removed the old planter and placed the plant in there and backfilled around it. I did it when it was pretty dry, after it was all in there I back-filled around it and watered it in good. Never even wilted. A 5# nursery container actually holds about 4 gallons of soil...that plus the 64 qt bag of potting soil comes out to right at 20 gallons...and it didn't get it quite full. I was amazed how much went in there! Seemed like them more I added the bigger the bag got. If this plant stays healthy it should get huge. It is a Brain Strain seed from Romy6. The mother plant is massive so with a little luck this one will be too!

Back