• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cheap habs!

Hey all, I don't know if this is a pricing mistake or not, but I found orange habs at my local Super Target for $1.99 a pound! I cleaned out their meager supply of 1.5 pounds for only $3. :lol:

If you have a Super Target near you, you may want to check to see if they have the habs marked down this low. On my receipt it showed as "orange misc." Afterwards I went to Whole Foods, and found orange habs at $7.99 a pound that didn't look as good as these.

It's time to make some sauce (see the limes and onion in the background?) Shown next to some sauce bottles for size comparison:

habs.jpg

:onfire:

Ya, whole foods rips you off on peppers (and some other items....except for duck eggs....soooooo good). Plus their peppers always suffer from rot. Black, nasty rot...............ugh...

At $1.99 you got a nice deal! The cheapedt I've seen was 3.99.

my local superstore can get habs or jalapenos and they always get jalapenos that end up being red and rotten cause no one buys them.
the guy runnin the show says he wont get habs cause they don't sell any and I said I would take whatever he gets ..
still waiting ....
my first trip to LA I found myself in a grocery store filling a cooler with food for the room and they had habs for a buck a pound so I bought 10 bucks worth.
they lasted for over a year in stages from freash to dried to ground up.
but you did good are they good and hot.

If you're lucky enough to find a shop with Scotch Bonnets in the UK a lot of them are often going off. I always ask if they've got anymore in their cold store, most of the time they have. I get my chillis from the local Greengrocer each week, he dosen't sell them in his shop but orders them for me, I pay for the tray and pick them up as I please.

chilehunter said:
very good price!
whats that bottle of sauce called " naga jabi bomb " who makes that ?

It's actually The Naga Sabi Bomb and Danny Cash brings that out. It's one of my favorite sauces. It's a little pricey, but well worth every penny.

rainbowberry said:
If you're lucky enough to find a shop with Scotch Bonnets in the UK a lot of them are often going off. I always ask if they've got anymore in their cold store, most of the time they have. I get my chillis from the local Greengrocer each week, he dosen't sell them in his shop but orders them for me, I pay for the tray and pick them up as I please.

I really really wish I could find scotch bonnets here in Texas, but I've looked everywhere with no luck. That's why I'm growing three different kinds this year. :)

elequin said:
I really really wish I could find scotch bonnets here in Texas, but I've looked everywhere with no luck. That's why I'm growing three different kinds this year. :)

Elequin....have you been to Central Market?....they have the best selection I have seen (west fort worth)

AlabamaJack said:
Elequin....have you been to Central Market?....they have the best selection I have seen (west fort worth)

Yup. That's the first place I looked. I should try to talk to whoever runs the produce section there though, they might be able to get some in..

They treat their customers right...if you are willing to pay the price...

o0o... I guess you can find anything in Texas, as long as you're willing to pay the price. what about a space shuttle? :lol:

Nice looking habs. good luck on your search and good night! I'm going to bed...

Houston....we have a problem...

Back