smokers cheap smoker build

found an old commodore filing cabinet... i used a indoor grill for heat.. quick paint job and am going to break it in officially this weekend

started with this
2r7wjya.jpg

installed a smokestack
34i02u9.jpg

indoor grill fits perfectly in bottom drawer
4szluv.jpg

Novacastrian said:
The man is a genious.

not really, i found the idea on the internet but actually had to get off my butt to build it..lol

a person can never have too many smokers..lol

i have a few:woohoo:

creative. i like it. would probably make my neighbors go huh? If I pulled out a filing cabinet and it started smoking....lol that's a great mental image.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
just my thoughts but is there any worry about chemical release from burnt paint(well from heat) inside the lower drawrs(yes spelled wrong lol)

those pics were a "before" the inside was made paint free... i was using it to cold smoke so there would be no chemical release

this coming week sometime, the drawers will be cut out, here watch this, u will see what i am going to do..lol

A smoker that doesn't use any significant heat in its smoking process. meaning it doesn't get cooked along the way.

Sauceman51 said:
What's a cold smoker?

a cold smoker is generally used when you want to impart smoke flavor but do not want to cook the item you are smoking. the heat usually doesnt get above 100*F

bacon,ham or cheese etc etc.

thought i would update this a little...

found an old gas grill for free at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. converted this smoker to propane using the side burner and added the side shelf as well

30vdtfn.jpg

took the drawers out and made doors instead and install cooking grates.

sotl54.jpg

the whole unit including the side shelf

j6o9ap.jpg

Did the drawers stick is that why you put doors on? I would label each drawer like a filing cabinet like Beef Chicken Pork on each drawer.. great work Bam

LUCKYDOG said:
Did the drawers stick is that why you put doors on? I would label each drawer like a filing cabinet like Beef Chicken Pork on each drawer.. great work Bam

no they didnt stick, i just didnt like the air flow or lack of with the drawers in. also i needed a smoker that i could hang sausages and ham to smoke in the fall

Let me guess, you modified a paper shredder into a BBQ chicken shredder too.

That is my next bbq/smoker/grill that I will try and build !
You are truely the "mad genius BBQ king" here a THP.

Where is it in action ????? Need action photos !

CM

Back