• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cheiro roxa/Hidlago roxa

These seem to be very interesting and different varieties of C.chinense, but I can`t find much info about either. I assume lots of people here are growing one or both, so have you any information to share? How do these 2 differ? Where did they originate, Brazil? Any growth characteristics that makes them different? How do they taste? Are they as hot as a regular orange hab? Other than the different look, are they worth growing? 

Thanks for any info.

Hey Nigel I am growing Cheiro Roxa. It was the last thing I sowed and I just potted them up. Pretty plants. When I get pods I will hook you up. The Hidlago I believe is a type of Serrano?
may 21 and Ghana 1291.jpg

Heyzus Shawn, I think I need some lessons in getting seedlings to grow into plants. Those look great!

Actually, as I`m an idiot, what I meant was Fidalgo Roxa. It`s another C.chinense that has very similar pod colours to Cheiro roxa, but seems to be a different shape. Kinda like the CGN 21500 variety with larger pods. All 3 seem to have similar growth habits and some purple in the leaves. 

Now I KNOW I need some lessons. That looks great. I have do not have any CGN 21500, although I do have some seeds on the way, but nothing else.

Back