• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chileplants.com experiences?

Has anyone here ever ordered live plants or fresh peppers from chileplants.com? and if so how was your experience? I was thinking it might be nice to try some fresh peppers I haven't had before, or couldn't grow this year, and maybe even collect some seeds for the spring from the peppers I liked. I've also had mixed luck sprouting good, usable plants this past spring, and figured I might try reserving some plants for next spring once they become available. The prices seem not too excessive, but I obviously don't want to sink money into something like mail-order peppers and plants and then end up feeling burned.

burned in a bad way, I mean.

I had good luck with their plants 2 years ago, and I still have most of those original plants growing today. I did have 2 plants that did not grow to be what they were supposed to be, and they replaced them with no problem the next season. All I had to do was email them pictures and they responded the same day. I forgot about the plants and it arrived on my doorstep when they started shipping orders again.

I have used them for a few years now and will continue to do so for the unusual varieties they stock. The live plants are usually pretty healthy and if one doesnt survive the jourmey they are quick to replace it. They are expensive but they are a nice back up for me when disaster strikes (e.g. rodent damage, late frosts)

So, it seems like buying live plants this spring might be a good idea. Has anyone tried the fresh pepper selection they send out in the fall?

They're great!

I've only had one complaint (not directly their fault)
The Mexico Midget tomato that they sell isn't the real deal!!
They get their seed directly from the Seed Saver's Exchange who's selling seed for a Mexico Midget impostor.

Other than that, no problems with them.

I ordered some red savina pods from them last july, then promptly forgot I ordered them. I was pleasantly surprised when a big box of plump, juicy pods arrived in September or October. A little pricy, but I thought it was worth it because I didn't have room for that one more variety :)

So, it seems like buying live plants this spring might be a good idea. Has anyone tried the fresh pepper selection they send out in the fall?

Back