• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chili Pepper Institute: New Mexico State University

Here is NMSU's main page It has some interesting links. From main page under Chile Information then drill to Under the Guides and Circulars Section, Chile Terminology, Growing Tips, and Chili Heat may be of interest to you. I did a search before posting this. Hopefully it is a new subject, if not, Admins please feel free to merge or remove it as necessary.

Ghosty... :cool:

Pretty sure most of us around here know of the CPI. Thanks for looking out for the newbies though.

Yeah Patrick that was my intent... it says in your sig that a hobby of yours is Tarantula's, it fits, have any scorpions as well ?

Ghosty...

Hey Ghosty,

Yep, got a few scorpions too.

I'd like to apologize to you too for the sarcasm in the first post.

Hey Ghosty,

Yep, got a few scorpions too.

I'd like to apologize to you too for the sarcasm in the first post.

No harm, no foul, no offense taken Patrick, I have had incredible stress in my life over the past five years and I come here to relax, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't even a hiccup. Hope you have a successful year growing and producing sauces or whatever is your choice to do with the peppers. What does a scorpion (insect bite) feel like compared to a trinidad scorpion taste bite ?

Ghosty... :cool:

Scorpions don't bite, they pinch or sting. So far I've been very lucky and have avoided being a victim. As for the tarantulas I did get tagged by one on the arm. Again I was very lucky as it was a dwarf species with fangs around the one to two millimeter size. Felt like being stuck by a very small, very sharp pin. I was left with two very tiny red marks that disappeared in a couple of hours.

Hope you can get the stress levels down Ghosty.

Back