• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Chili Pest/Disease Problem

Hi everyone!

Im a chili growing beginner doing the beginner mistakes, maybe overwatering and sometimes bringing the plants to such conditions that bring about pest and diseases.

The only plants that seem healthy are my three Monkey Face plants, and my Habanero Carribean Red is doing fairly ok, but the other plants I have given away or discarded.

This plant im showing on the pictures is a Aji Bolivian and from the beginning only 2 of the 6 Aji's germinated. They elongated + had a brown stem base from the very beginning. The lighting was adequate, and my other seedlings didnt elongate.

Well im a beginner, and i always want to learn more and get better, my question is, what disease is it were looking at, on this pictures of my Aji? I know for certain its my beginner mistakes that brought about the problems but still Im curious to know exactly what the disease/pest it is. I have taken this plant out of my growroom so I dont have too weak plants around the good ones.

The Monkey Face plants are growing well and are healthy. I will put up some updates on the healthy remaining plants. I got a Rocoto that are about an inch long, but seems healthy. The Monkey Face plants are about 20cm I think.

pict3695sc4.jpg

pict3697jj5.jpg

Without seeing the complete plant in it's shape and the color of the leaves it's not so easy to say anything. The baccatums tend to be a bit leggy especially compared the pubescens (your rocoto). And the brown stem may just show that the stem lignifies well.

The stem will eventually turn brown and woody, so that isn't a problem. Aside from the lanky stem does the plant seem happy?

Txclosetgrower said:
The stem will eventually turn brown and woody, so that isn't a problem. Aside from the lanky stem does the plant seem happy?

Hey, TX, you have your fifth bottle now! Congrats! At this very moment you have the oriental fairytale number 1001!

Here's pictures of the upper part of the Aji Bolivian. The plant has been removed from my growroom for a couple of days, I didnt think it seemed healthy enough to be hanging around my other dear plants :) It will be in the kitchen, getting some very low level fluoro-light until spring, then i will put it in the window and see how it goes.

pict3729rl4.jpg

pict3724uf6.jpg

Plantera om i vanlig plantjord och "ko-på-påse" och se till att de får ljus!

Replant and make sure they get some light! And in the lover picture - don't you think that the steel wire coated in plastic is wrapped a "little" to tightly?

Back