• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chilibase for your phone (Android Iphone Ipad) pepper database

Hello everybody,

Do you want to easily and quickly look up a pepper specie / type on your phone?
This is already possible with the Android version.

In February i started on a multilingual Android / Iphone / Ipad app based on an dutch chili pepper database called chilibase.info

Here you can download the app (Android only), Iphone / Ipad version has yet to be approved by Apple:
Google Play Store

Screenshots: (English screenshots available in Play Store)
chilibase-android-screenshots.jpg

If you find any mistakes / or have improvements to make please feel free to give me your feedback. (Also possible through pm).

Tip: Also if you can't find what your'e looking for please make your searchtext shorter or even leave blank and hit the search button for an full overview ;)

I wish everyone good luck and a lot of fun with growing this season.

Wonderful! I have only used it for a few minutes, but everything works great so far! Very nice job!

Thank you, have fun ;)
In the future there will be an update which make available to identify peppers based on several color, pod shape or species options. This is already available here on the web.
Before I will bring out an new update I want to optimize the app with some major changes, because i don't like apps that update frequently with a small change. ;)

It's a great app one idea is to upload some more different types in there but other than that I absolutely love the app simple yet efficient

Thank you all for the above comments. @Nightshade: We are now looking / discussing if there is some possibility to edit / add information on different varieties just like wikipedia does. So the end user will provide and correct the information / photo's and their input will be controlled by some moderators for approval. But this is just the idea for now, I will come back to this soon.

Any word on when Apple might get around to approving for IPhone/IPad? Looks really good and I'm going to download it to my Android Pad tonight.

No nothing yet, but when the app is approved I will let you know and update the first post in this thread.

Works on the GNEX

Nice App!

Can we help add to the database? The first few I looked for I couldn't find. I would love to help find stuff that isn't in there yet.
so far I cant find
black naga
brainstrain
7 pod (found 7-pod)
7 pot

Cayennemist I looked up several varieties and I couldn't find them then I went back and had to try multiple different types of spelling and I found a couple of the ones I was looking and never found the rest

Works on the GNEX

Nice App!

Can we help add to the database? The first few I looked for I couldn't find. I would love to help find stuff that isn't in there yet.
so far I cant find
black naga
brainstrain
7 pod (found 7-pod)
7 pot
Cayennemist I looked up several varieties and I couldn't find them then I went back and had to try multiple different types of spelling and I found a couple of the ones I was looking and never found the rest

We are working on a fast solution to add more varieties to the database please see as in post 13 .
In the meanwhile you can get an overview of all peppers in the database at this time. You can do this by leaving the search field blank and hit the search button ;)
I'm working right now on a easy solution to make it possible to add your input for a new pepper straight away from your Chilibase app :)

It's a great app one idea is to upload some more different types in there but other than that I absolutely love the app simple yet efficient
Works on the GNEX

Nice App!

so far I cant find
black naga
brainstrain
7 pod (found 7-pod)
7 pot
We are working on a fast solution to add more varieties to the database please see as in post 13 .
In the meanwhile you can view an overview of all peppers in the database at this time. You can get this by leaving the search field blank and hit the search button ;)
I'm working right now on a easy solution to make it possible to add your input for a new pepper straight away from your Chilibase app :)

I am the designer of the Chilibase.info Website.

For now you can suggest new species at http://chilibase.inf...stie.aspx?Peper or suggest addition to or an other description of a chili pepper when you go to the pepper at http://chilibase.info by clicking the 'Suggestion' link right below the pepper name.

If you also have pictures, please send them to 'contact at chilibase.info'

Back