• Do you need help identifying a šŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? šŸ¤§
    Then ask in Identification.

Chilinferno 2011

hello my friends

here is my list of my grow this season. not so many species/strains as i dont have very much place but nonetheless i try my best to cultivate as many species/strains as possible :dance:

C.chinense

C04620
Petenero (Mystery jungle pepper)
Red Fire
Fatalii
Red Savina
Chupetinho X ???

C.baccatum

CGN 22871
Lemon drop

C.frutescens

Bombillito

the seeds of which i raised the plants were isolated (as far as i know)...
it was difficult to get seeds of C04620 but i got them in the end :hell:

here are pictures of the plants when they were in the veggie-period respectively ones with immature fruits.
the picture quality is not very good since i am not very advanced in photography yet but i hope you like them none the less...

C04620

4620i.jpg

Petenero

pete1w.jpg

petel.jpg

Red Fire

rf1i.jpg

46926549.jpg

rf2t.jpg

i got seeds of this chili last year - it was declared as chupetinho. i was very happy first but it turned out to be something different. i didnĀ“t like it due to my disappointment but this year itĀ“s quite the opposite :)

Chupetinho X ???

chup1.jpg

chupr.jpg

CGN 22871

cgn1.jpg

cgnvu.jpg

Lemon drop

ld1qm.jpg

ld2k.jpg

34080641.jpg

ld3b.jpg

Bombillito

bombj.jpg

:cheers:

Congrats with your healthy looking plants with mean looking pods on them and all this grown on a balkony and windowsill, excellent :)
I love the looks of your Petenero I will be growing these next season :dance: (did you get the seeds from fatali.net by any chance :P)
Thx for posting the pictures :beer:

Congrats with your healthy looking plants with mean looking pods on them and all this grown on a balkony and windowsill, excellent :)
I love the looks of your Petenero I will be growing these next season :dance: (did you get the seeds from fatali.net by any chance :P)
Thx for posting the pictures :beer:

yeahh thx a lot :onfire:
indeed: balcony and windowsill :rofl:
i wished i had a garden i could grow thousands of plants :crazy:

the story of how i got the Petenero was very curious. i tried to get seeds of the original batch from Andres but at that time i wasnt registered in this forum yet. so asked some pepperfriends on the web and finally found one friend who had gotten the seeds from Andres and sent me the left ones. now i am here and the circle is complete :party:

regards :beer:

dear friends and pepperheads :dance:

here are some pictures again:

Bombillito

bomb1f.jpg

the storm has broken its upper stem carrying all the fruits. :mad:
but i could save some ripe pods ;)

bomb3g.jpg

mature pod
bombz.jpg

C04620

c046201.jpg

c04620.jpg

co4620.jpg

Left to Right: Red Fire, Fatalii, Lemon Drop, Red Savina, Lemon Drop

fenst.jpg

fenst1.jpg

Lemon Drop

fenst2.jpg

Red Savina and Lemon Drop

fenst3.jpg

Red Fire and Fatalii

fenst4.jpg

Fatalii

fenst5.jpg

Red Fire, Fatalii and Lemon Drop

fenst6.jpg

Red Savina

64262320.jpg

Red Fire

redfire1.jpg

redfire.jpg

:onfire:

The petenero plant has some gorgeous looking pods, how's the flavor and heat level ?

CanĀ“t say anything about its flavor and heat level - havent tasted it yet :)
but from what i noticed is that it was not very pungent when i cut the pods in half for drying. maybe i hadnt stressed it too much :hell:

...the smell is none the less very tasty

:beer:

here i show you now the harvest:

Fatalii, Red Savina and Lemon Drop Mix :cool:

ernte.jpg

ernte1.jpg

ernte2.jpg

ernte3.jpg

dried Lemon Drop pods

ernte4.jpg

some time ago i got a few pods from a friend. she told me she was not sure wether they could be Aji Umba or DevilĀ“s tongue
the very big ones in the middle. some are unmature

ernte5.jpg

what would you say my friends? :confused:

some time ago i bought cherry tomatoes
to my surprize i found this speciman :)

venus1.jpg

venus2v.jpg

venusl.jpg

looks like a Venus :eek:

i opened it to get seeds for further grows respectively selection. unfortunetely there was no single seed in it. the whole fruit was sterile :(

...last but not least some tasty pictures :dance:

biber2g.jpg

biber1.jpg

biberh.jpg

no, these are not my harvested chilis. i bought them at the market and grilled them. after grilling i put them in the mesh. below the mesh is a pot to collect the water respectively oil of the chilis :onfire:
after cooling of the chilis and several ours of "meshing" store them in the freezer. the collected oily water will be cooked for some minutes and poured in a jar. close the jar very quickly and put it on its head to get the air out of it (after closing well of course). you can use this chili water when ever you want. its taste is fantastic :eek:

from left to right: Red Fire/Chupentinho x ??? pickles, 3x Lemon Drop pickles and the Chili oil water

glasyk.jpg

:beer:

Back