• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilinferno 2012

Dear Friends!

although we are in 2013 yet it´s not late to show you my grow log from 2012.
as some of you know i dont own a garden (not yet), i have to grow my plants on the window sills in my flat.
it sounds difficult to grow chilis in such places but none the less it´s a good challenge to grow in every corner you may find in our every day´s life :D
2012 was a good year with a lot of sun shine and i ended up with a good yield.

i have 5 plants from 2011 which i successfully had overwintered:
*Red Fire (C.chinense)
*CGN 22871 (C.baccatum)
*C04620 "red" (C.chinense)
*Petenero (C.chinense)
*Bombillito (C.baccatum)

2 plants from seeds:
*Not Black Naga Mean Red Cross (from cmpman1974) (C.chinense)
*C04620 "yellow" (C.chinense)

there were some surprises, for instance the C04620 grown from seed turned yellow and had another shape as the one i grew in 2011. and the Not Black Naga Mean Red Cross from Chris got orange and not red as the original one and i also missed the spikes and bumps a great deal - nonetheless i have a nice substrain now.

lets show you the pix.

The window sills:

C04620 "yellow" (left) and CGN 22871 (right)
fenster1.jpg

Not Black Naga Mean Red Cross (left), C04620 "yellow" (middle) and CGN 22871 (right)
fenster2.jpg

fenster3.jpg

fenster4u.jpg

fenster5.jpg

fenster6.jpg

from left to right: Bombillito, Red Fire, C04620 "red" and Petenero
fenster7.jpg

C04620 "red" (left) and Petenero (right)
fenster8.jpg

Bombillito (left), Red Fire (middle), C04620 "red" (right)
fenster9.jpg

fenster10.jpg

Wow awesome looking plants and beautiful pods!!! A friend of mine from Austria grows chilies as well; he’s been growing there for many years now. So like you in windows, he grows indoors in winter and rooftop & patio. AFAIK he does not come to THP but does hang in irc and we occasionally chat, if I see him soon I’ll ask if I can post some of his peppers from Austria in my log. I’d say great luck to you in your 2013 growing but from what I’ve seen here you don’t need luck, you have it wired :)

Here's the link to his peppers posted in my glog http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36338-walkgoods-2013-initiation-glog/page__st__100#entry759722

Wow awesome looking plants and beautiful pods!!! A friend of mine from Austria grows chilies as well; he’s been growing there for many years now. So like you in windows, he grows indoors in winter and rooftop & patio. AFAIK he does not come to THP but does hang in irc and we occasionally chat, if I see him soon I’ll ask if I can post some of his peppers from Austria in my log. I’d say great luck to you in your 2013 growing but from what I’ve seen here you don’t need luck, you have it wired :)

hey thanx very much my friend! :welcome:
i appreciate your opinion a great deal. :party:
where is your Austrian friend coming from? maybe Vienna?

yeahh, i dont need luck - it´s just me :P :onfire:

oh btw WalkGood, what is this sexy chili in your avatar? :surprised:

hey thanx very much my friend!
for what, you got the goods mon :)

i appreciate your opinion a great deal. where is your Austrian friend coming from? maybe Vienna?
Yes, Vienna and if you bump my glog here, I'll post up some pics from his grow :)

oh btw WalkGood, what is this sexy chili in your avatar?
It's my favorite pepper I grow, a Jamaican hab but I think it is some form of cross with scotch bonnet as well, got seed from a farmer in Jamaica while living there and I grew them 4 generations there and now here on 9th gen.

Hey, CI, you have one of the best window grows I've seen.
One upside is that you have less space to have to manage
and can really control your plants grow environment, etc, I think.

Red Fire
redfirey.jpg

redfire1.jpg

unfortunetely the plant only gave a few pods although it was full of blooms. i was very disappointed!

CGN 22871
cgn22871.jpg

cgn228711.jpg

C04620 "red"
c04620red2.jpg

c04620red3.jpg

its shape reminds me of Snoopy - unripe pod
c04620red4.jpg

c04620red5.jpg

Snoopy matured!
c04620red7.jpg

c04620red8.jpg

Hey, CI, you have one of the best window grows I've seen.
One upside is that you have less space to have to manage
and can really control your plants grow environment, etc, I think.

Thanks dude!

you know, i am a fundamental chili head and for this reason i give my best to maximize the output of my growths independet of the growing environment. of course i pamper my babes with nutritious fertilizers :P

From these last pics you would never know it's all grown on your window, very nice!

hehehe, yeahh - that´s true my friend! :P

so let´s show you further pictures....

Petenero
petenero.jpg

petenero1.jpg

petenero2.jpg

petenero3.jpg

petenero4.jpg

petenero5.jpg

The plant was the latest starter in 2012, i dont know why. it also grew slowly and the harvest was unfortunetely marginal.

Bombillito
c04620red.jpg

c04620red1.jpg

c04620red6.jpg

Back