• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chilli id

I had this chilli plant a few years ago before I really got into chillis, can't remember anything about what it was called. I got it from a nursery and so it could have been a hybrid my memory is hazy. I DO remember the pods had square ends on them. They were like little rectangles looked really cool. I want to grow it again. I think they were black and ripened red but I might be wrong about that.

Anyone know is this a variety of chilli that always does this or is it a random thing that happens now and then like three cotyledons?

I had this chilli plant a few years ago before I really got into chillis, can't remember anything about what it was called. I got it from a nursery and so it could have been a hybrid my memory is hazy. I DO remember the pods had square ends on them. They were like little rectangles looked really cool. I want to grow it again. I think they were black and ripened red but I might be wrong about that.

Anyone know is this a variety of chilli that always does this or is it a random thing that happens now and then like three cotyledons?
it sounds like the Black pearl or Black prince

Possibly the "Black Scorpion Tongue"?
Here is a link that shows pics of Black pearl/Black prince/Black Scorpion Tongue

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?page=2&chile=1&find=black&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any

I have grown black pearl and they are definitely round so not them. And I also grew a black prince, I don't think I got mine to produce fruit. From pictures it looks more tapered that the square one I remember. The black scorpion tongue picture from that link looks more like it. That might be the one Superhot.

Back