• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Chilli Tests "Trinidad Habanero"

Wasn't gonna test this as was just the plain ol Hab from trinidad, then thought "Nothing from there so far has been Plain, so why should this be Different" so did it And was right, its not the same and has a tangier taste plus less Hab than usual so cool..

the Plants are Solid, Thick and HEAPS of pods that Average 14Gm's,, thick walled with big placenta..

trinidadhab.jpg

My best mate/broinlaw was watching and during the break asked a question Re: had a red 1, then had some orange 1 during as broke 1 open to show insides, was there any taste diff due to the diff stage of colour?"

Ok Coool.. Now most know that i do a routine,, wait for pod to ripen, leave a week on plant (make sure ripe inside) then pick and leave another few days on windowsill to then lose touch moisture and Ripen properly.. geez its an effort LOL ,, so then just before test go pick a few at various stages of ripening (if have some) and show them etc.. the unripened pod tasted more capsicumish, less flavour,, heat couldn't really tell as was burning already to the Max, but could reallly notice the diff when did the second ripe pod, was a more rich , deeper flavour

The burn was Sensational and due to have more at intevals during, it went for like 20 min and a Great Burn, Loved it.

soooo let ya pods ripen properly to get the Max Taste

heres the Test

hope ya's enjoy
neil.

hahaha yes, if still had earrings would hang them from, can hang 1 from nose ring and eat it, may try that for something different

thats the Last Video the Glass's will be in as well, got Broken today and not looking good in the repairable dept either as snapped an arm off, booooooooooooooo loved them and searching the Planet for a similar pair, gonna be hard as they made 1930's but i don't like the modern types.

Back