• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilliover's Grow (Attempt) Log

So i've decided to start up a grow log to just show how i am progressing with my attemp. Currently i have the following seedling happening.

Hot Cherry
Sweet Datil
Cap Pub 1486
Bishops Hot
Orange Lantern
cap 217 hyper
po cheong
orange t scorpion
orange monzano
nagabon
peruvian white
pimenta de neyde

habanero orange
habanero yellow
habanero red
habanero choclate

Thai chilli
Cayenne red (high yield)
Store bought (unknown, very hot type)
inferno

The ones that i am attempting again are :

Choc bhut
purple tiger
primo 7 pot
BIH jolokia
Black pearl
trinidad yellow bonnets
martinique
trinidad scorpion

I have a few images below of what i am currently doing. I will be posting question regularly too. Please help me out if you have answers.

IMG_2779.jpg
Inferno from bunnings. Currently flowering.

IMG_2778.jpg

My four beautiful habaneros. Once again from bunnings. 2 currently flowering.

IMG_2803.jpg

Pic above just shows how tight i am on space. I really need more space. Apart from my chilli plants i have 3 curry leaf plants , guava currently with very small shoots, unknown either mandarin or orange and a few pots containing mangoes and lychee seedling on the verge of emerging.

IMG_2802.jpg

My alcheapo greenhouse with the little seedlings. The seedlings on the top rack are from seeds given by Nova. And the seedling on the very bottom rack are from seeds from Omri. Thanks guys.

IMG_2801.jpg

And last but not least my ever so little garden. Me and my partner decided to give some shade to the plants as they were getting scorched a bit. What yous reckon. I am also thinking of putting up a diy watering system made of PVC pipes. Current plant is as below. Any ideas or improvements as more then welcome.

The watering plant below will be closed with endcaps. Any ideas on timers. Do you think i should let the water spray out from the top or use the drip method?
Untitled-1.jpg

Anyways guys that's all for now. More to come soon.

So happy with my choc and red hab. Orange has is finally slowing down.

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

Top is my orange hab which has about 4 pods still waiting to ripen. Once harvested i'd love to prune it and put it in the greenhouse. Just don't know how to prune it. Any ideas what bits should i cut and how much.

Another thing i have noticed is one of the pods has been on that plant for too long. Pods that came after that one has already ripened and have been harvested but this little fella doesn't seem to be ripening at all. Reckon it's a green habanero?

IMG_3045.jpg

My hot bishop plant has out out some little pods for me.

IMG_3030.jpg

And this is what my greenhouse looks at the moment. Now to find some space for my chilli plants.

My second round of seedling of superhots aren't doing very well. They were stunned by the gnats which are completely gone now. I have fed fish manure to the plants and have been watering accordingly but a few plants have died. Others have yellowish leaves. Plants are very leggy with maybe 3 to 3 leaves only. Might have to start another batch next season.

Thank you all ...

That greenhouse is definately cool :cool: Checked out the website from where you got yours and will be buying one of the 3m x 1.5m ones soon coz iy gets cold where I am. Plus I've got about a dozen different varieties I wanna get growing, Can't wait to grow the choc habs cause yours look great

Pots are 25 cm dia. I am thinking of pruning them back once they've finished fruiting. Then next spring they move into large pots.

Back