Chilliworld.com - beware!

Just thought i would warn people (esp in the UK) of my dealing's with this company.

They are/were advertising mark's, from thechileman.org, Naga Morich Concentrate & Naga Morich Snake Bite 'Pure Venom', in stock too which i thought was a little strange.

They sent me some Naga Concentrate Paste from "ChilliPepperPete" but at the higher price of mark's concentate.

The bottle of 'Pure Venom' was in no way 6.4 million shu, so god knows what they sent me, although it did have the 'Pure Venom' labels.

I told them of my finding's but they refused any refund if products are openened and now ignore my emails, even though they don't have a leg to stand on here.

So, i contacted mark from this forum:

Hi Thank you for that warning.

You are right, we havent made or supplied anyone with our sauce for at least 3 months or made any concentrate for over a year.

These are not chileman products - they are simply trading off the back of our good name.

I would be very grateful if you could warn anyone on the forums

Mark

Just so you know!

They also say "6.4m SHU Collectors Edition" when it just made with 6.4m SHU extract
"Ingredients: Naga Morich Peppers (the worlds hottest chilli's), Bih Jolokia Paste & Powder, 6.4m SHU extract, onions, carrots, tomatoes, red wine viniger,ginger, garlic, sugar, olive oil and salt + a little bit of thechilemans magic"

dunno where they got the ingredient list from but my bottle that i had a while back had 6.6SHU extract in it, don't have the bottle anymore but do remember neil's comment of 'oh shit' when he was reading the list thinkin it was 6.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine did too but a lot of people get confused of this and think the whole sauce is 6.6mill SHU when it is only added to it. I had one customer complain that it was no way that hot and then I had to explain that it is just an ingredient and not a statement of how hot the sauce is.
Still not good for them to be ripping of Mark's sauces though, I'd be having a word with them if I was him! It's a great sauce and no one else should take the credit for his work.

Back