• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilly Chili Ornamental Pepper

my aunt gave me a Chilly Chili Ornamental Pepper here is pic of it hmm thought it was not supose to be hot but this one the peppers are a little hotter than a jalapeno.. thinking she got a plant that someone marked wrong..
also I have never dried anything and was wondering if I can dry these in the oven to make powder out of.
1218121022_zpscbd81045.jpg

just finished cleaning and deseeding these got 3.3 oz. do not think its chili chili washed hands forgot and rubbed eye serious burning going on.. the heat is really close to tabasco.. hmmm maybe I could try to make my first hot sauce with these...

ok put them in blender added .33 oz kosher salt in a quart jar with loose lid stuck it in closet and will see what happens in a month....

there actually suppose to be a no heat ornamental like "SANGRIA" for use in flower beds where there are small children
i got mine from "MENOTUME" a fellow i have not seen on this forum in some time now

but if there hot there MOST LIKELY not Chilly chili the name implies Chilly for a reason

try one and get back to us i love ornamentals and im interested to know
they should have no heat at all unless they crossed with a hot one somewhere or where mislabeled

thanks your friend Joe

they got heat I ate one then after cleaning them I washed my hands really good a hour latter rubbed my eye well major burn .
there are no hots around them
They are the color of tabasco wondering if the tags on them got mixed up My aunt gave it to me

My Aunt brought me the tag for this pepper it is called Super Chili I saved seed going to grow out see what variations I get I read it was a F1 hybred.

saw super chili plants localy last year nice lookin plants, i looked em up there a hybrid so would be an f1 seed from em would make f2 and would be diffrent from parents, if i remember the heat on em is higher than tobasco and they are capsicum annum not bad but i passed on em had no room,

Back