Chiltepin Missed Chance At Life - Will It Come Back?

Well since I took the last pic after pruning on April 12, it is now 48 days later and this is what its looking like today
View attachment 5560
DSCN5287.JPG

There are some issues I see. There is some yellowing on some leaves. Also the leaves that are on there come off pretty easily. I could strip this whole thing bald I feel like easily
DSCN5288.JPG

DSCN5289.JPG

Its growing in miracle grow moisture control soil. It sits facing east so it gets morning sun untill about 1-2pm so maybe too much sun? I haven't got less shade than that spot besides an almost all shade spot.

I water it maybe once a week, or when its completely bone dry.

This thing won't grow right!

No way is it too much sun, I have several areas that get 12+ hours of sun...now that might be too much. :) I tested growing a plant in MGMCS, not one that I would use the pods to sell or make powder and the plant was useless. I eventually put it out of its misery. I know tons of people have great success with MG but it is not for me. I also have nowhere neat the same luck in a container as in the ground. Give it time, it will come back and if not feed it something good.

I grow a variety of the tepins (singles, about a dozen or 15 or so) ... mine are in full-on sun too, show a little bit of chlorotic discoloration of the leaves, and grow spindly like that as well ... they are pretty hardy - i think because they are somewhat w/ bark ...

Getting a bit predantic, I know, but I'd try AACT on it instead of pruning it further ...

My plants in their 2nd year are booming w/ tiny peppers this year ...

HigherThisHeat said:
Well since I took the last pic after pruning on April 12, it is now 48 days later and this is what its looking like today
attachicon.gif
DSCN5285.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCN5287.JPG

There are some issues I see. There is some yellowing on some leaves. Also the leaves that are on there come off pretty easily. I could strip this whole thing bald I feel like easily
attachicon.gif
DSCN5288.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCN5289.JPG

Its growing in miracle grow moisture control soil. It sits facing east so it gets morning sun untill about 1-2pm so maybe too much sun? I haven't got less shade than that spot besides an almost all shade spot.

I water it maybe once a week, or when its completely bone dry.

This thing won't grow right!
too much water, after a few days of rain the same thing happens to my habanero, just don't water it any time soon

rain%20001.jpg

I think you're right. At first I was thinking too much water,  cause I water MAYBE once a week, and its now 90F degrees every day in the east facing sun. My suspicion was under water. But it sure does show characteristics of being under watered.

Today I picked off a few premature flowers. I don't want it focusing on that just yet.

Its in MGMC soil... can I give it additional sources of nitrogen, or will it burn em?

Back