• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chinense?

I got this plant from a friend, supposed to be a chinense but the leaves are odd. Not your normal chinense, so, chinense or annuum?

2013-01-26165925.jpg

Looks Chinense to me. Chinense, more than other species, I've noticed has the spiral pinwheel configuration to the leaf growth habits, when viewed from above. I'm not sure what the biological term for that phenomenon is, but it was very common in my Chinense plants last year, most notably the Congo Red, and CGN21500.

Looks Chinense to me as well...very bhutish with the slightly more enlogated leaves. Cool growth at the end of the nearest branch. Looks like you're gonna get a triple fork there.

dont count out a chin x fructensen cross had a few tobascos with triple forks last year, the longer less round leaves makes me think that it could be an annum cross though i guess flowers might give you further clues before the pods come,,

dont count out a chin x fructensen cross had a few tobascos with triple forks last year, the longer less round leaves makes me think that it could be an annum cross though i guess flowers might give you further clues before the pods come,,

It seems to have characteristics not found in chinense or annuum. I wouldn't rule out a frutescens cross, but it isn't pure frutescens. It's also possible to cross with a few other species as well.

Back